Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Rattling noise

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 1999, 12:53 AM
EEasy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I keep getting a muffled rattling noise which seems to be coming from the fuel compartment at the right rear.
It may also be a loose washer bottle for the rear wash...
It comes in intermitently. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar thing?
A little annoying.
I also get a rattling noise from the turbo cooler timer that just hangs below the steering column attached by a piece of velco tape.

Suggestions?
Old 17 November 1999, 02:58 PM
mike_nunan
Scooby Regular

Easy,

I've had the same thing for ages, and had put it down to my suspension (mainly because it disappeared for a while after the suspension units were stripped and re-fitted). However, I recently noticed that the skirt trim at the trailing edge of the rear wheel arch has some lateral play, and I suspect this may be the culprit. The bit I'm referring to is effectively part of the rear bumper moulding, where it is fixed to the lowest part of the bodywork at the front end. On mine the fixings are quite loose on both sides. About 2cm of lateral movement is apparent.

Take a look at yours, and if they're loose try binding them with a bit of elastic to stop them wobbling - it might cure the problem. I'm going to do the same thing, and will report findings (PeteC watch this space!)

-= mike =-

PS. Glad to see rumours of your demise were greatly exaggerated - respect for "Straight Outta Compton" and "Niggaz4life" album tho ;o)
Old 17 November 1999, 03:54 PM
EEasy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Wow. I thought I may have been the only one experienceing it. I will have a look and post the results up.

Thanks Bud-e