Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Squeeking trim

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 1999, 02:40 PM
andymac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
I wonder if anybody else has the same problem as me (no smirking...). I've had to have my front windscreen replaced because of a 6 inch crack (ooeerr missus). Autoglass have replace the screen twice now - first time it was the wrong tint, but more importantly there was a creaking / squeeaking noise coming from near the mirror. The tried again today and it's the same problem. Tracked it down to the foam the use to stop the resin getting everywhere. They're going to have to have the car in again an replace the screen without using the foam (it's the foam that's squeaking / creaking).

Cheers

Andy
Old 02 March 2005, 09:05 AM
davieb1969
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Andy, i've had a cracking noise coming from around he windscreen for a few months now. The dealer has been unable to find it after many visits to the workshop. Hopefully it's the same problem has you've got and i can get it resolved next time

Got some other bloody annoying squeeks though, exspecially from the rear, the dealer seems to think it's the boot hinge.

David

Originally Posted by andymac
Hi,
I wonder if anybody else has the same problem as me (no smirking...). I've had to have my front windscreen replaced because of a 6 inch crack (ooeerr missus). Autoglass have replace the screen twice now - first time it was the wrong tint, but more importantly there was a creaking / squeeaking noise coming from near the mirror. The tried again today and it's the same problem. Tracked it down to the foam the use to stop the resin getting everywhere. They're going to have to have the car in again an replace the screen without using the foam (it's the foam that's squeaking / creaking).

Cheers

Andy
Old 08 March 2005, 11:05 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cacking noice comming from near the windscreen toooooo

Though, i found it to be the strip at the end of the dash by the wind screen..this is on a MY98 dash though..I took it off, and used some silicone to hold it firm in palce.

Sam