Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Early Bugeye interior question

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2004, 09:03 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Early Bugeye interior question

Thinking about paying a little extra and getting a bugeye instead of a classic. The thing i'm not so keen on is that I really like the look of the regular wingback seats as seen in the classics, late bugeyes and blobeyes. I have noticed that the early bugeyes have different seats with seperate head-rests in a kind of early recaro styllee. I really dont like the look of them and my question really is are they any good? Do they perform better than they look. I have sat in a freinds calssic numerous times and they support in all the right places for me. For me its all part of the Impreza experience, opening the door to those nice wingbacks.

Another question is, when did the bugeyes have the wingbacks installed as standard, as I assume there was a point when Subaru dropped the 'sports seats' at some point???
Old 16 June 2004, 09:05 AM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

The sports seats are an option, the 'benefit' being they have side airbags.

How much you got?

Check here: http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=334048

Save you a few grand in the main mods too...
Old 16 June 2004, 09:28 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

When the bugeye first came out it came as standard with the roll headrest seats and the wingbacks as you call them were an option, £400 perhaps, forget exactly. The important thing though was that there was a 4 month wait for the wingbacks so many people who would probably have specced the wingbacks were too impatient, me included.
Old 16 June 2004, 09:35 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Thanks for the info guys.

Edcase, sounds nice but 1-2k out of my price range and as mad as it sounds I'm one for keeping a car relatively standard. Although saying that if I did go down the bugeye route, the one thing I would have to do is replace the light units for STi ones, IMO they look soooo much nicer giving the front a completely different look. Thanks anyway mate.
Old 16 June 2004, 09:45 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

I de-tango'ed my bug eye lights, and changed the orange reflectors on the wings to white. Make the front end look a lot smoother and easier and cheaper to achieve.

Oh, and I recommend a centre de-cat and backbox upgrade, it really does make a big difference and turns the car into what it should have been as standard in the first place.
Old 16 June 2004, 10:12 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Here she is in all her shining glory at last weekend's NBO.
Old 16 June 2004, 10:47 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

supertouring, what are the noise levels like with the centre de-cat and backbox??? I've had enough of boomy journeys on motorway so dont want anything too loud all my cars to date have been too loud, for me anyway (and the missus come to think of it) and I'm fed up with it now. I would still like the Impreza burble just not too intrusive.

Christ I must be getting old (30) I sound like my Dad when I used to live with my parents back in the day
Old 26 June 2004, 06:31 PM
silver sonic
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I opted for Magnex back box and Scorpion straight thro decat centre section for same worries as you, didnt want too noisy on m/way.
thought i may have been better getting resonated centre , but it,s fine.
deffo improvement on response and nice flat sound not too noisy.