Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Which Gauges.

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2003, 03:07 PM
keja33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to get a triple gauge mount for my STi 2, so what three gauges do i put in, i suppose definitely a turbo boost plus two others, any reccomendations or is it down to personal choice also do i go for mechanical, electrical or what is capillary , i wouldnt have a clue on how to fit them to the engine etc, so it would have to be done by a garage, so what would be best for them and best for me.
Please feel free to email me if your answer gets involved, cos i probably will have a few more questions
Thanks in advance
Old 19 August 2003, 03:25 PM
Blue_Boy
Scooby Regular

The triple pod centre one I take it and not an A-Pillar one?

Boost / Oil Temp / Oil Pressure are the main ones, but you've also got the option of Exhaust Gas Temp / Fuel Pressure / Water Temp as well, first three are the main (Boost & Oil Temp the norm).

On the type - depends on what your after. Mechanical ones will be cheaper and easier to fit, electrical ones will normally light up brigher and be more funky or you've got the choice of the DEFI type gauges, that run through the control unit and you can record runs with them for a certain amount of time and add more gauges pretty easily if you want another 2 on the A-Pillar or in the dash somewhere.

HKS / Blitz ones are good. The Direct Bright ones from HKS are wickedly bright in blue (I've got a good contact who's getting them cheap for me, but he'll get anything - let me know, Mini-Group buy).
Old 19 August 2003, 04:15 PM
keja33
Scooby Regular

Sounds good, so if i were to go for Boost / Oil Temp / Oil Pressure gauges, and say they were mechanical would they light up at night, and if i wanted the three gauges and a centre pod what sort of money are we talking about (approx) with your good contact.
I thought i read on one thread that they had an ammeter gauge, so they could tell the condition of the battery especially in winter, would tell them if the battery was getting weak or whatever, before it gave up, if you know what i mean, or i suppose again its down to personal choice.
To be quite honest i just fancy a centre pod with gauges because they look good, but i would still want them to work.
Thanks anyway, and get back with some prices
Old 19 August 2003, 05:04 PM
Blue_Boy
Scooby Regular

Yea - Voltameter & the amp gauges are there (don't tend to make them in the more popular gauges though).

If your going for style (like me), then it has to be the slightly up market gauges like the HKS / Blitz / DEFI ones.

The Boost's £80's / Oil Temp £109 / Oil Pressure £119 I think. The pod, he's waiting for the price on, but normally for a proper Scooby one, your talking anything from 80-120 for the good fitting ones (don't take the chance with stick on's on hacking away at the plastic's ones, direct hinge replacement ones are the proper ones).

These are all 60mm gauges, electric DB Blue ones from HKS, I'll get a price on mechanical ones for you if you tell me what size - but they'll not look the business as much, they'll have some illumination, depending on which ones, but not bright.

Old 19 August 2003, 10:46 PM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

Maybe i got it wrong.. but mechanical oil pressure guages actually have oil running through them..so if its fitted wrong or if its faulty then...oops oil in the car.

only my opinion but i think electrical are better looking and wont spoil you dashboard if it goes a bit pete tong..

[Edited by MadGrip - 8/19/2003 10:47:31 PM]
Old 21 August 2003, 07:14 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

organising a group buy on some nice guages atm

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?ThreadID=242482