Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Seat Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2003, 12:24 PM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

while my car is currently off the road i have been giving the interiour a good clean out. ( car gets driven everyday to work - gets a bit messy over time )

Anyway i have now noticed that the front seats are a bit stained with dirt (seats are the black with grey inners and STI written on them) - i guess it's come over time from clothes. it's hardly noticable but i now know it's there and i want my interiour as good as new.

so i have been using autoglym foam cleaner stuff which has done a bit of the work but is seems to be struggling a bit now. Any suggestions of another good cleaner for doing this? or should i take the seat covers off - it seems possible and try to wash them by hand??? - anyone washed seat covers by hand??

wish i wasn't a perfectionist,

by the way the bit i'm concentrating on is the grey bit in the middle ( alancantara ) or however you spell it.

thanks in advance guys,

Old 19 August 2003, 12:27 PM
Blue_Boy
Scooby Regular

Oh dear - have you been going round corners to fast and your passengers haven't be able to maintain self control

I've seen Supaguard around and people tell me it's rather good - both from a cleaning point of view and from a protective one after you've got your seats all nice and want to keep them that way!
Old 20 August 2003, 04:37 PM
Wild Mark
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Hi D6ale,

The very best way to sort out your seat covers is to take them off, and take the covers to the dry cleaners, they come out BRAND NEW!!!!!

I did mine, putting them back on looked hard as they use metal rings, so instead i ditched the rings and used plastis ties....perfect. You can even do the door inserts.

Mark
Old 21 August 2003, 10:52 PM
donutman
Scooby Regular

i just done mine,i had hired a carpet cleaner from focus called the rug doctor with it i also got a upholstery adapter. i must say this machine was superb not only with the carpets but with a coke stain in the scoobs seat. it cost £13.99 to hire for 24hrs and about £8 for the fulid