Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

STi 7, Boost gauge and warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2003, 04:48 PM
marklemac
Scooby Regular

Location: Southampton*** MY02 STi, Black/Blue Mica Prodrive Style, mildly modded :) :). ***
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

Looking to fit a boost guage to my STi 7.

If I don't go for the official Subaru guage inc fitting, Will there be any "warranty" implications in the future.. ie will the dealer pick up on this ?

THANKS !

Mark.
Old 09 February 2003, 10:48 PM
Andy Murdoch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem Mark. I've just fitted one to my STi7 and once the info was gained it was pretty easy.

The tap in was the rubber pipe on the RHS of the dump valve (RHS of intercooler. I add another piece of fuel pipe between the dump valve and a metal T piece. Jubilee clips were used to ensure no leakage. The small bore nylon pipe was obtained from Demon Tweeks and needs to be about 2.75M long to make a neat job. Tie wrap the pipe along the underside of the solid pipes which are on the fwd side of the intercooler. There is a blank bulkhead grommet near the exhaust down pipe, simply drill a hole the reqd size but ensure that the pipe is well clear of the exhaust. Make sure the pipe is tie wrapped out of the way of any pedals/ steering column. I took the illumination for the gauge from the blank switch position next to the water spray sw (which is wired up). The purple wires are the +ve feed and the black used for the return. Simply bare 3/4" of the wire, wrap your new wire round this ans solder the joint. Then insulate with elec tape. I fitted an A pillar pod so this wiring was easy to run in. The A pillar trim pnl simply pulls off by hand!

Easy peasy and save yourself a few quid from your dealer doing it. I do have a couple of pics but I need to suss out the uploader! Easier fitting the boost guage!

Andy