Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed over NCB discount, what a headache!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2014, 10:24 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed over NCB discount, what a headache!!

Hi all

I'm looking to insure my impreza again however I'm having great difficulties at the minuet and was wondering if I could ask you insurance gurus a question please.

In total I have 11 yrs no claims bonus (or at least I thought I had) I had 9 years private car ncb and decided to start dabbling in buying and selling cars so I took out a traders policy with all the particulars. When I enquired about the traders policy they asked about my ncb which I explained I didn't have any as a trader so they asked about private ncb. Cut along story short they accepted my 9 years private car bonus. I then held the traders policy for 2 years before deciding to jack it in as it was more hassle than anything for what my intended use was for. I have since gone to insure my 330d for the intrim until I pull the impreza back out but have now been informed they will not accept my NCB

I had no idea when I put my private car ncb forward that they would be rendered useless if ending my traders policy, so basically I'm looking at loosing 11 years (9 private and 2 trade years) over this which is a proper kick in the ***** as I've built them up on all sports performance vehicles since passing my test.

Is there any way around this? It was my intention to put my bonus over to the impreza once finished and up to the standard I want and insure it for start of spring and the show season. Do any of the company's here accept these bonus? The worst bit is I was just outside of the 2 years grace period on my ncb with my previous insurance company when I ended my traders policy, or I would have just presented the 9 years private bonus I had originally and took loosing 2 years on the chin, but I'm now looking at loosing them all.

I've got a company car as well which I'm currently using but it's due to go back in March / beginning of April which is when I wanted the Impreza back out.

Is there any advice you guys can offer me with regards to the situation I'm facing, as at this minuet in time performance car ownership is not looking promising if I have to pay full premiums especially with my first child on the way.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long *** winded post :

Thanks all

Regards

Craig
Old 05 February 2014, 10:59 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

which insurer/broker will not accept the ncb

i can probably help with this
Old 05 February 2014, 11:11 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

It was privilege.

I was with direct line before I took out my traders policy and that was with Tradewise.

Hopefully somebody can help, don't fancy loosing my NCB
Old 05 February 2014, 11:13 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
It was privilege.

I was with direct line before I took out my traders policy and that was with Tradewise.

Hopefully somebody can help, don't fancy loosing my NCB
i work for a brokers and see this alot

when renewal comes with twi and they want to stop trading no-one accepts the ncb

i have an insurer with an agreement in place that will accept your ncb from twi/direct line as we do this on our motor trade renewals

im assuming your over 25 and dont live in a terrible postcode, if so game on

Rich
Old 05 February 2014, 11:25 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

That would be great!

Yes I'm 31 and live in a good postcode or so I believe

Pm me over your details and I'll get in touch tomorrow

Cheers Rich

Craig
Old 06 February 2014, 01:43 PM