Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expat insurance help?

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2013, 12:30 AM
opelkadett
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expat insurance help?

So, I(my girlfriend(okay, really me(but because of her♥♥)))'ve decided to make a Briton of myself for a few years. I've sold everything I owned here in the fatherland(Norway) and will be putting my derriere on a plane within the coming two months to try my luck at britaining.
I came across more money than I expected when I sold stuff off, and the British car prices are hilariously low, so I'm tempted to chase another one of my dreams: a Hawkeye WRX Estate.

Now, the initial cost of the car doesn't scare me too much(to compare, the cheapest hawkeye I can find in Norway is a 1.5l for 11.000£), but the insurance quotes are quite frankly heartbreaking. The cheapest I've found, for a tracked car on drive, 5500 miles, is 1500£. I'm 25, 8 years NCB, full EU licence since '05. Careful driver, no mods and no mods planned for a few years at least.
It's survivable, I guess, but it pushes the dream from "completely stupid" to "retarded".

Has anyone else been in the same position? Are there any insurers that are more lenient on new arrivals? Are there any routes I can take to reduce the cost?

Thanks in advance, quite-possibly-retarded opelkadett.