Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

23 y/o 2 Years NCB can Greenlight beat just under 1k for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2012, 08:32 PM
DanGamble
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 23 y/o 2 Years NCB can Greenlight beat just under 1k for me?

I looked on their site and they mention 2 years NCB and 25 years of age. But looks like they do younger as well.

Just wonder if anyone has had experience with them at an age around mine and what kind of quotes they were given?

The car in question would be Pete's: https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...s-3-200-a.html

Thanks!
Old 05 December 2012, 01:28 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for thinking of us.

Unfortunately we'll be unable to help you this time around, as whilst we can cover the Impreza Sport model for drivers aged 21 or over, our current scheme rates for the Impreza Turbo/WRX models start from 25 and we don't usually look to cover drivers aged under 25 for these models.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 05 December 2012, 01:30 PM
DanGamble
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tony@Greenlight
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for thinking of us.

Unfortunately we'll be unable to help you this time around, as whilst we can cover the Impreza Sport model for drivers aged 21 or over, our current scheme rates for the Impreza Turbo/WRX models start from 25 and we don't usually look to cover drivers aged under 25 for these models.

Kind regards

Tony
Thanks for the reply Tony

I did end up phoning Admiral and was very surprised at what they could offer me (Just under £1k) so that's only an extra £250 odd on top of what i'm paying for my DC2 atm

Once i hit 25 and if i still have a Scooby i'll bare you in mind
Old 05 December 2012, 02:29 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Dan,

You've got decent driving experience with the DC2 and you've done well at that's a good car to have at your age.

Driving experience wise you'll be ok from an Integra R to an Impreza WRX, but at your age and with only 2 years NCB the Admiral (12 month?) offer is competitive.

They don't currently offer trackday cover and don't cover modifications on a like for like replacement basis, but they'll certainly be able to get you to 25.

Thanks for bearing us in mind and we'd welcome the chance to help once you're 25.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 05 December 2012, 03:07 PM
DanGamble
Scooby Newbie

Yea i've had the DC2 for just under 4 years now but the top end blew last week so was venturing out and found a really good WRX i linked earlier.

Yea i was originally looking at WRX-STi's and STi's but that jump seems a bit too much at the moment although the insurance quotes weren't too much more for some reason.

The 2 years NCB isn't down to any claims it's just unfortunately i've only ever had 2 years completed as i've had to cancel contracts before as to losing jobs.

Trackday and modifications don't worry me too much as i don't plan on doing either

Thanks again!