Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance renewal

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2012, 07:14 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance renewal

I've just got the renewal through for my bike which is due in 2 weeks.
The renewal price is £224.59 through a broker which has gone up since last year.
When i go online and do the quotes the cheapest price comes up with the same broker and same underwriter but for £167.95?

Can i just buy the new cover online using their quote or will they send me a letter saying i have to pay the extra to take the cost upto renewal price before they'll insure me/ send out docs?
Old 29 October 2012, 09:43 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Robby,

If they're offering that quote to you online you would be able to buy it at that price, but probably the best bet would be to save the quote (inc. emailed/hard copy) and to contact your broker to run through the detail as it's quite a big percentage difference between those two prices.

It may be that there is a difference between the cover that you have (NCB Protection, breakdown cover, level of policy excess etc) or the circumstances (drivers listed, annual mileage required etc) that they have listed for you.

Meaning that if you call them they should be able to alter your details and cover required to the same as the online quotation to save you having to mess around with a new policy.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 29 October 2012, 07:10 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tony
I phoned them on saturday and told them the online quote, the bloke went to speak to his manager and called me back a few mins later saying they'd do it for the online quoted price
They actually charged me 80pence less
Old 02 November 2012, 09:53 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

That's great Robby,

Shame that you had to have all the hassle in the first place, as these people need to learn to put their loyal existing customers first.

But it's good to see that you saved the hassle of restarting a policy and they did the honourable thing.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 02 November 2012, 07:35 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

It's a shame loyal customers who don't make claims are charged more than strangers (new customers) who could be a higher risk for claiming - i know we get NCBs for not claiming but we should still get cheaper cover than new customers
Old 02 November 2012, 07:41 PM
craigo
Scooby Regular

Its all part of the Great British rip off lol astounding though huh...