Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Thanks Greenlight

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2012, 06:22 PM
14N-FR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Thanks Greenlight

Just got a quote with Greenlight that was about £70 cheaper than my previous Insurance company with all my new mods declared on a 'like for like' basis.

Cheers Greenlight!
Old 06 March 2012, 06:26 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Good to know
Old 06 March 2012, 07:23 PM
scouser321
Scooby Regular

Greenlight are great, get any points while ur with them and they won't cover you come renewal time
Old 07 March 2012, 09:37 PM
14N-FR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scouser321
Greenlight are great, get any points while ur with them and they won't cover you come renewal time
Really?

I clocked up 3 points the day I was taking the policy and it didn't effect my premium.
Old 08 March 2012, 09:48 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi 14N-FR,

Thanks for trying us, it's appreciated

We have a high level of cover, which in addition to the traditional benefits (windscreen cover, audio cover, european cover, courtesy car via approved repairers) includes features that are relevant to the performance car owner such as 'like for like replacement' of damaged/stolen parts and track driving cover options.

Quite a lot of our offers will also include a 14 day hire car in event that your car is stolen, which is also not a standard feature in the industry.

Anyway, thanks once again your feedback is appreciated

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by 14N-FR
Just got a quote with Greenlight that was about £70 cheaper than my previous Insurance company with all my new mods declared on a 'like for like' basis.

Cheers Greenlight!
Old 08 March 2012, 10:29 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Scouser321,

Sorry to hear that we couldn't help at the time, inconveniencing and losing a customer is never something that anyone looks to do.

The schemes we have with our Underwriters can cover most convictions and from memory the main ones that we are unable to cover are IN (no Insurance), DD (Dangerous driving), UT (Vehicle theft related), BA (Driving whilst banned), AC (having an accident and leaving the scene).

CU30 (bald tyre) can be a problem under cherished car schemes, as the basis for these schemes relates to someone being into their car.

CU80 (using mobile phone whilst driving) offences are also a problem under most of our preferentially rated schemes. We contested this one with our Underwriters on the basis that up to 5 years ago people were allowed to drive whilst using their mobile, as Underwriters would have been covering drivers for many years with use of mobile phones being included within their existing (claims performance) statistics.

However, the last time we checked with two of our main Insurers, they were feeding back that they were paying out £1.59 and £1.84 respectively for every £1.00 collected where they collectively looked at the performance of drivers with CU80 against those that did not have these convictions.

Other convictions such as SP (speeding) do not represent a problem to us.

We do genuinely look to offer renewal wherever possible, it's in everyone's interest to do so (ie. you don't need the hassle of switching Insurer unnecessarily, we don't stay in business by letting good customers go).

Where your current Insurer is unable to assist we will always look to source viable alternative options from our range of other Insurers. But I do understand that there may be occasions where we are unable to do so.

Our schemes are changing all the time and we have been adding alternative Insurance providers to our existing portfolio of available Insurers, which also helps this situation

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by scouser321
Old 09 March 2012, 10:35 PM
14N-FR
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the good insight there Tony.

Gives me even more confidence in you as my insurers.