Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mileage related to cost?

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2012, 07:36 AM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mileage related to cost?

Just wondering at what point in terms of mileage does your insurance premium come down?

I.e is it cheaper to only do 5k miles a year rather than 10k? How much cheaper is it?
Old 19 January 2012, 09:38 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

It really does depend on the company, although 5k it normally where it is considered low(er) mileage, and may get you a discount
Old 19 January 2012, 11:33 AM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
It really does depend on the company, although 5k it normally where it is considered low(er) mileage, and may get you a discount
what if you say 5k a year mileage but then due to perhaps a partners car being off the road you go over that mileage? are you still covered is there a penalty of some sort?
Old 19 January 2012, 11:48 AM
Andy RB5
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was messing around on confused.com and 4k a year was about £40 dearer a year than 5k a year with all other details exactly the same. Insurance quotes are wierd, I also saved £30 having it insured parked on the road rather than the driveway (and it's even more expensive in the garage - I think because thinkgs can fall on the car in the garage??!). Have a mess around with these comparison sites you'll be amazed what you can save by tweaking certain things
Old 19 January 2012, 12:27 PM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy RB5
I was messing around on confused.com and 4k a year was about £40 dearer a year than 5k a year with all other details exactly the same. Insurance quotes are wierd, I also saved £30 having it insured parked on the road rather than the driveway (and it's even more expensive in the garage - I think because thinkgs can fall on the car in the garage??!). Have a mess around with these comparison sites you'll be amazed what you can save by tweaking certain things
when insuring mine it was cheaper on the street also than on a garage and when I asked why on the phone the guy said it's because more cars get stolen from garages it was also nearly £150 cheaper for not having a tracker!
Old 19 January 2012, 01:33 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue and Gold
what if you say 5k a year mileage but then due to perhaps a partners car being off the road you go over that mileage? are you still covered is there a penalty of some sort?
You'd need to tell the insurers as soon as you exceed the 5k miles