Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What you think will happen to my car??

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2011, 12:09 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What you think will happen to my car??

Moved my car out of the drive last night as we were having new household diesel tanks delivered and didn`t want my car getting damaged as they brought them up the drive, and was woken to be told a lorry had clipped it, a neighbour up the road had seen it all and came to tell me.

Looked out the front and couldn`t see anything, so go the dog and went for a look. Hiding from view behind next doors hedge was the van/lorry/tipper delivering new tanks, so went into the road and turned around and saw my car. So walked up to the side of the lorry and saw the un mistakable yellow paint on one of the side drop hinges (yellow as thats the undercoat colour (previous colour) on my car), any scratches or stone chips come up bright day-glo yellow.

So started taking pictures and they got out and when asked said "I dunno", and when I showed them the marks and the paint left behind, and said "I`m a qualified lorry driver and bus driver, and I know if I`ve hit anything, do you want me to get the police here for failing to stop" they said oh sorry must have turned in too quickly.

So got him to write down his name and company address and phone number, and also on paper that its his fault, got a police reference number, all reg`s taken.

Just waiting on a phone call from Moley now.

Here`s the damage, what you recon will be the result??
The paint is not great and they would never be able to get a colour match.

Last edited by Jimbob; 29 November 2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 29 November 2011, 01:42 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Jimbob,

Sorry to see that your Impreza has been damaged.

Whilst these guys should have clearly came to find you to admit hitting your vehicle, this is not always common these days.

Collecting their details, along with photographic evidence is the best that you could do in the circumstances and will be helpful to support the cause of the damage to your Insurer.

Your Insurer will be able to use the motor Insurers database to trace the Insurer of the truck to claim costs back.

Whilst matching the paint code may be a little difficult (especially if it's bespoke paint), the cost of rectification of your vehicle to the condition it was in before the accident will be the responsibility of the other party's Insurer.

The repair should be fairly routine and you have options in relation to the repair. The main options are as follows:

1) Once you have the third party details you could contact them directly and most would be happy to handle your repair, providing a courtesy car for the duration.

2) If you have Uninsured loss recovery (legal expenses Insurance) cover, these often have systems in place to trace the Insurer from the registration number and to manage the claim. Again presenting the cost to the third party Insurer.

3) You could contact and claim via your own Insurer, who would pay for the repair and will usually provide a courtesy car for comprehensively covered vehicles whilst in for repair. You will have to pay your policy excess, which can be recovered from the responsible party's Insurer directly or by using an Uninsured loss recovery service to do so.

If you follow options 1 or 2, this may delay the repair slight whilst the truck Insurer waits for their policyholder to report the detail. But you will avoid having to pay your excess.

Moley and Keith Michaels will be able to talk you through the specifics, but in the meantime I hope this provides a basic outline.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 29 November 2011, 01:47 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Anyone had something similar happen?
Old 29 November 2011, 02:06 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tony@Greenlight
Hi Jimbob,

Sorry to see that your Impreza has been damaged.

Whilst these guys should have clearly came to find you to admit hitting your vehicle, this is not always common these days.

Collecting their details, along with photographic evidence is the best that you could do in the circumstances and will be helpful to support the cause of the damage to your Insurer.

Your Insurer will be able to use the motor Insurers database to trace the Insurer of the truck to claim costs back.

Whilst matching the paint code may be a little difficult (especially if it's bespoke paint), the cost of rectification of your vehicle to the condition it was in before the accident will be the responsibility of the other party's Insurer.

The repair should be fairly routine and you have options in relation to the repair. The main options are as follows:

1) Once you have the third party details you could contact them directly and most would be happy to handle your repair, providing a courtesy car for the duration.

2) If you have Uninsured loss recovery (legal expenses Insurance) cover, these often have systems in place to trace the Insurer from the registration number and to manage the claim. Again presenting the cost to the third party Insurer.

3) You could contact and claim via your own Insurer, who would pay for the repair and will usually provide a courtesy car for comprehensively covered vehicles whilst in for repair. You will have to pay your policy excess, which can be recovered from the responsible party's Insurer directly or by using an Uninsured loss recovery service to do so.

If you follow options 1 or 2, this may delay the repair slight whilst the truck Insurer waits for their policyholder to report the detail. But you will avoid having to pay your excess.

Moley and Keith Michaels will be able to talk you through the specifics, but in the meantime I hope this provides a basic outline.

Kind regards

Tony
Cheers bud.
Have informed the claims dept with Keith Michaels, and provided them with all details and will be sending pics etc, and also details of the witness (when I manage to track down my neighbour). I have details of the company and also the driver, and also have signed and dated saying "Cut to early and hit the back of the car". As far as I understand the claim will be a non fault, and I have an engineer coming out to assess. My thinking is because of the age, the place its damaged and my paint it will be a write off, due to cost of repair and respray.
Old 29 November 2011, 03:45 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

It looks like it should be a simple claim to deal with, especially if he has admitted liability.

Our claims department should deal with everything on your behalf, but if you do get any problems feel free to pm me your number and i'll give any help needed
Old 29 November 2011, 03:54 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
It looks like it should be a simple claim to deal with, especially if he has admitted liability.

Our claims department should deal with everything on your behalf, but if you do get any problems feel free to pm me your number and i'll give any help needed
Cheers Moley. All running smoothly tbh, and assessor coming tomorrow.
I did try ringing you earlier about what to do, but the guys there are sorting me very quickly. Have every detail they need, name, reg, photos, acceptance of liability, insurance policy number, signed written confession (I joke you not!!), and their manager coming tomorrow morning lol.

Problem I`m going to have is the paint, as its previously been resprayed and quite badly they would never be able to make it good, so probably have to blow over the whole car, which would bring the cost in. Which they may say sorry uneconomical repair, which I hope they don`t.
Old 29 November 2011, 04:16 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I know whrn they do that kind it repair they don't do just the one panel, they'll blow into the door and boot aswell.

It certainly doesn't look too bad, so can't see it'd be written off.

If they do mention writing it off then contact me, and i'll advise you how to get around that, as it'd be a shame to have a clean looking car written off for fairly minor damage.
Old 29 November 2011, 04:42 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
I know whrn they do that kind it repair they don't do just the one panel, they'll blow into the door and boot aswell.

It certainly doesn't look too bad, so can't see it'd be written off.

If they do mention writing it off then contact me, and i'll advise you how to get around that, as it'd be a shame to have a clean looking car written off for fairly minor damage.
Yeah but there in lies the problem. The car was painted yellow (badly), then painted blue (even worse job), so the paint is terrible. There is no way they could blow that in and not make it stand out.
So not entirely sure as to whats going to happen. I know I want to keep the car.

Moley if you could pm me your direct number or code etc
Old 29 November 2011, 04:43 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Some close up pics.

Old 29 November 2011, 04:49 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Quality paint job lol.
Old 29 November 2011, 06:40 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Had a few more calls from the assessors and they should be here tomorrow.

Last edited by Jimbob; 29 November 2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 29 November 2011, 10:31 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch thats a sore one mate, and just glad u have nice neighbours,!!!

at least u got everything u needed to save the pissing around from insurance.
Old 29 November 2011, 11:52 PM
subzerokent
Scooby Regular

If he say he going to wright it off say your take cash in loo of repair and find someone local to sort it or live with the dent
Old 30 November 2011, 01:33 AM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tomwrx
ouch thats a sore one mate, and just glad u have nice neighbours,!!!

at least u got everything u needed to save the pissing around from insurance.
Yep, well I am supposed to have an assessor coming tomorrow so will see what he says.

Originally Posted by subzerokent
If he say he going to wright it off say your take cash in loo of repair and find someone local to sort it or live with the dent
Yep thats the idea if worst comes to worst.