Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traders Policies

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2011, 09:22 PM
Geordie_Aaron
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traders Policies

Hi all,
In 7 years of driving i've owned 19 cars (get bored easy) and every last one has been sold with MOT/tax and for a profit (£20 on one woohoo), and every time i pull up to the old mans or friends houses in a new car they ask the usual "how much insurance? what did you pay? ETC"....
Now since i hit 21, insurance has been quite fair to me, at present;
  • 26 years of age
  • 5 years NCB (spent 2 years on parents car/insurance )
  • no points
  • no claims
but after changing my job description (narrowly missed being made redundant by 3 days...fewf) today with Elephant...£25 for the privledge may i add! I've spat my dummy out and gone through all the charges i've had for changes of reg plate/address/car ETC ETC and it's.....well lets just say its the wrong side of £600 (not including DVLAs made up as they go charges) - so to get to the point eventually... what's the crack with getting a traders policy? I have 2 friends that work for BMW but they know nothing about the policys, they just sign papers at work.
Can you guys recommend companies and certain criteria i must reach? perhaps a certain amount of cars per year? do i NEED to be a registered company even though i'm not - i just get bored quickly? limitations to what cars i could drive, very close friend allows me to lend his F430 Spider and carrera 4sT when he's away at sea but has me on his insurance for the whole year as i look after them/put them in for services whilst he's away..

anyway apologys for the drawn out thread
Old 25 July 2011, 09:34 PM
NINJA ED
Scooby Regular

Guy i know who works for clark motorsport in Aberdeen was speaking to me about this the other day. His trader policy only allows him to drive the same vehichle for 2 weeks no sure it would be worth it m8
Old 25 July 2011, 09:43 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Some of my mates have Traders insurance as they do occasional work on cars and some buying/selling, and they have "personal" cars which they have as their own like a company car, and "customer" cars which they can use for the same as above, these vehicles can`t be used all the time tho iirc.
Old 25 July 2011, 09:52 PM
Wooffy
Scooby Regular

You may find that some traders policies won't cover scoobies and evos etc. Then also if you have an accident and write a car off you will only be paid trade value for it. Some have no problem taking your cash but in the event of a claim will want supporting paperwork to show you are a trader or motor trade.
Old 26 July 2011, 09:13 AM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

I have a traders policy if you just fix run subarus its very high if you fix run various cars its not to bad 26 years old on a traders isnt going to be cheap,They give you trade value for your car no mods and take forever to pay out.But its good if you like me and change often ive got a traders and usually a policy for me 22b with moley.