Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving a sold car

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2011, 05:42 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving a sold car

A mates is buying a car off me but as we're a few hundred miles apart he isnt taking it for a few weeks

No mot on it but if he insures it can i then drive it to be MOT'd even though the car is still in my name?

I would be driving a car insured by him, I would be driving it with my insurance stating I can drive any not belonging to me.
Old 12 February 2011, 10:00 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

If the logbook is in your name then the insurance should be in your name aswell

At the very least you'd need to be a named driver if he's insured it
Old 12 February 2011, 10:07 PM
karl_1986
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LeeMac
A mates is buying a car off me but as we're a few hundred miles apart he isnt taking it for a few weeks

No mot on it but if he insures it can i then drive it to be MOT'd even though the car is still in my name?

I would be driving a car insured by him, I would be driving it with my insurance stating I can drive any not belonging to me.
as i remember from previous experiences for u 2 drive a car not insured by you, the car you will be driving will need to have fully comp insurance, but your insurance will only cover you 3rd party on the car, as for the mot you can drive it to a test station without mot but you will need to prove to the police if you get stoped that this is wot you are actually doing and not using it as an excuse
Old 13 February 2011, 05:47 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

Cheers

I have another car, just thinking of helping a mate out by getting it MOTd for when he comes for the car or at least if it fails knowing what needs to be done

I am with Admiral but they have stopped insuring it as and when I want to, they were ok for me to insure it a couple of weeks here and there when I wanted to use it but last time they said only for the one day at the same price so am now selling the car