Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions cos some idiot has just crashed into me

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2002, 07:29 PM
matt b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iam so f*ckin livid! Difficult one to describe but basically i was sat stationary when some **** reverses into the rear off-side of my beloved MY99 scoob as im sat there. i could see it all happening in slow mo at the time. i managed to sound my horn but the prat just kept coming.
Was an old bloke who coughed it was his fault and said sorry lots of times (didn't help)
Anyway i've never been in this situation before so would like a bit of help as to what will happen next.
1) will i be able to specify a body-shop of my own choosing i.e. a subaru main-dealer appointed one.
2)How will the fact that ive had a non-blameworthy accident effect next years insurance.
3) Are courtesy cars standard these days. ive just taken out my policy through Adrian Flux and its with Royal Sun Alliance.
4) The damaged area is just behind the petrol flap where the back bumper sweeps round. its really badly stoved it in including the lip just above where the plastic bump wraps around. Is that part of the car a panel and therefore will they cut that out and weld a new piece in?

Whats pissing me off is a) losing my car for x number of days b) potentially having it driven/thrashed by the whole bodyshop whilst its there c) an aa check will show up the accident at re-sale.

Any words of advice/comfort gratefully received
Old 28 March 2002, 06:02 PM
RichardC
Scooby Regular

Angry

Be careful with courtesy cars and Adrian Flux.
I had an accident and they told me to call a company called Arrow. Arrow booked me in to a garage to have my car fixed and provided me with a courtesy car.
My claim took an age to resolve as the other insurance company queried the courtesy car costs. They then tried to off-load the cost onto me saying that I was liable for it. I called Adrian Flux to ask them to deal with it and they told me that it was nothing to do with them as Arrow was an outside company and they could not help.

Thats what you pay insurance for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RichardC
Old 28 March 2002, 08:45 PM
Marc R
Scooby Regular

I had insurance with Adrian Flux and some smacked into my Clio Williams when I was stationary. As you said I could seeing it happening and just had to sit there. Adrian Flux did give me a courtesy car but also suspended my no claims (it wasn't protected) on the off chance the other party claimed against me. Driver said it was his fault. The other party has 1 year to put a claim in unless the whole thing is agreed by both parties and settled. Once that happens you are fine. Check your policy for the details on courtesy car's and duration. Not sure about the bodyshop. They arranged that for me so don't know if they will allow you to pick. For future insuarance company's will ask if you've had any accidents, non-faults should not affect your premiums. You have to tell them for 3 years or there abouts. Sorry bout the crash and good luck with the claim.
Old 28 March 2002, 08:49 PM
Marc R
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, about the AA check, don't think that shows up unless a write off, various categories of those which I don't know but I think you should be ok. Not sure about the panel but whatever they do you will get to approve the work and can say if you are not satisfied with the job. Car should be as good as knew when returned.
Marc
Old 29 March 2002, 12:54 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your accident Matt
I nearly had some boy racer in blackpool run into me yesterday in his "dimma'd clio" (more like dimmed driver )
As for your questions thou,

1. Bodyshop...
you should be able to say that you want the work done by Subaru UK as its your insurance and thats what you pay for! and to sort another one of your questions out about the courtesy cars, well given enough notice a dealer should be able to give you one for the duration of your car being in their workshop (and the fact that you know that your car is in safe hands and not getting ragged around some roads by some 18yr old sprayer!)

2. A non blameworthy accident wont affect your policy (well it shouldnt as your not at fault!)

3. in question one but not always by the insurance co's (i think you do if its a non fault thou).

4. i think (not being a panel beater thou) that they will try to fix the panel rather than cut the part out, its easier to do but either way you shouldnt be able to tell the difference if its done properly

Hope shes fixed soon!

Tony
Old 01 April 2002, 03:48 PM
matt b
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replys guys. A
s luck would have it the 3rd party is insured by the same co as me so that should make things much more simple