Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tesco quotes not always low...

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2002, 05:58 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I am in the process of getting my Scoob back on the road after a 7 month period of storage. As I've heard so much about their competitive quotes, I thought I'd give Tesco's a ring first. Imagine my surprise when I got quoted £2281 Fully Comp for the following:-

Car:
MY93 WRX
Value £5k
Cat 1 Alarm/Immobiliser
Mods: Perf. Exhaust & 17" Alloys
Parked in road

Driver:
33yrs old
Clean licence/no accidents
3 yrs no-claims
Central London

Tracker also required to be fitted. £500 excess.

I know I was due to pay a premium for C. London, but this seemed rather high. I've not had time to get more quotes yet, but I imagine I could get it down to around £1500 (and no Tracker) with a bit of shopping around. It is also annoying that a wheel clamp and DiskLok are not taken into account. Neither is a low annual mileage.
Old 27 March 2002, 01:17 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Just for the record, got the above details for £1750 with Keith Michaels. Not quite as cheap as I hoped, but still several hundred cheaper than the next nearest quote.

Edited to say the insurance is with Norwich Union and I get a hire car if the car is mashed - apparently quite rare with an import.

[Edited by Jerome - 3/27/2002 1:19:56 PM]