Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modifications - thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2002, 12:08 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I took out insurance with CK on 10th March. The reason I went with them was they beat my renewal and said that further modifications would be fine except having the car slammed. I spoke to Chris Knott himself who told me this.

I since contacted them about adding a spoiler to the policy to be told I am not allowed modifications on my policy and if I put it on the car my insurance would have to be cancelled, and try another insurance company. I'm with Wren. I told them the car was already modified so the policy already had mods on it. I also pointed out that "Harley" had posted on this BBS several times on behalf of Chris Knot Insurance to the effect of what was acceptable, which this fit into exactly what he said (cosmetic mods = ok).

Chris Knott Insurance got back to me today to tell me that Wren are ok with the current mods as they were on the car at inception but the things they really didn't like were Spoilers and Skirts. So now I don't know what they do and don't like!!!

I'm not amused as I said to Chris himself a key reason for going with them was further mods. He is now on holiday for 3 weeks so I can't find out what is going to happen until he gets back - I'll update then.

However, I feel as if I have been sold insurance under false pretences, is this breach of contract with the insurer and what can I do about this?

Any thoughts/ideas welcome.
Thanks
Old 27 March 2002, 12:12 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

not alot mate if you dont have it in writing So looks like CK is doing a bit of a dirty here, wonder if its due to the fact they have alot of scoobs on their books now?
Old 27 March 2002, 12:26 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

I have a copy of an email I sent them still which indicates what mods were on the car and asking what they were like for future mods, Chris then phoned me and we discussed the rest on the phone - verbal contract?

I'm sure I could get a copy of the email logs to prove I sent it to them......
Old 27 March 2002, 12:41 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hello mate!

Hmm, verbal contract - do not hold your breath!

I know this does not help, next time ask whoever to confirm in writing, i have had no-end of problems with insurance companies and finally learned this lesson.

Keep pestering them, good luck.

Paul
Old 27 March 2002, 02:43 PM
GW2000
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this m8, but glad you don't have to cancel your insurance due to a mistake. I was thinking of doing something with the brakes in the future, I guess I'll have to ask them at the time.

Ian
P.S Enjoy the food 2morrow
Old 27 March 2002, 05:49 PM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

ScoobyJawa,
You probably (check the small print of your policy) have the right to cancel your insurance at any time for any reason. You will have to "pay" for the privilege i.e not get back all the premium. What you have then "lost" you should take up with CK as the brokers and if they accept what you say they might contribute something. But, as someone else said, if you haven't got anything in writing you face an uphill struggle.

[Edited by seejay555 - 3/27/2002 5:49:46 PM]