Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shafted by A Plan

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2009, 05:33 PM
The Grift
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Shafted by A Plan

Well, after 6 days happy motoring insured by the Broker A Plan, they call my wife and asked her a question they asked already, "What experience do you have driving a subaru?" My wife told them again she had none. Didn't seem to matter when the took the 200 pound deposit and 1000 quote. Today they called back saying they were pulling the policy as they quite clearly hadn't passed all the information we gave to the insurer. There mistake, yes! There answer, give us another £1000 or we will cancel. So thats a quote of £2000 pounds, ha ha, what a joke.

As it happens we just used Go Compare and got a cheaper quote, although the RAC quote was £846 in Go compare then you go to the website, quote goes up to £1000. I thought ok, thats still good. Ring them up to pay, its gone up to £1600 in less than a minute and they won't honour the quote saying there system is down. lol. There system if **** more like.

OK, rant over, we are covered for less than the original A Plan quote. But I'm a nervous reck and so is the wife. Need a beer, thank heavens its Friday.
Old 26 October 2009, 02:10 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

i pay £625 for my scooby but they did want an extra £1400 to put the girlfriend on...... that will teach her for driving a ****ty punto
Old 26 October 2009, 09:26 AM
The Grift
Scooby Regular

Ha ha, you gotta start somewhere, ;-)
Old 26 October 2009, 10:45 AM
D4VEW557
Scooby Regular

Kieth Micheals is the way forward. £580 fully comp.

the easiest policy i have ever set up

Last edited by D4VEW557; 26 October 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 26 October 2009, 11:04 AM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by D4VEW557
Kieth Micheals is the way forward. £580 fully comp.

the easist policy i have ever set up
Ditto, I'm not saying how much I insured my car with fully declared 600bhp mods for as it may upset a few folks but it was extremely cheap and done and dusted within 5 minutes. All policy documentation recieved in the post next day including my certificate of insurance.

I have used A-Plan in the past and whilst their service was good it wasn't a patch on KM. Fantastic service, even better value for money!!
Old 26 October 2009, 11:35 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazdavies
Ditto, I'm not saying how much I insured my car with fully declared 600bhp mods for as it may upset a few folks but it was extremely cheap and done and dusted within 5 minutes. All policy documentation recieved in the post next day including my certificate of insurance.

I have used A-Plan in the past and whilst their service was good it wasn't a patch on KM. Fantastic service, even better value for money!!
I second that, A plan dealt with a claim of mine really well but there prices do seem to be a bit "pick a price and double it"
Old 26 October 2009, 01:04 PM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

TBH i dont see why they can ask "what experience have you driving a subaru or whatever?" if you`ve got any no claims then that should be enough. better off not using them if they doubling the price for nothing, Chancers imo!!!! me and the wife are insured with direct line for less than £500, all mods declared and protected no claims.

Trending Topics

Old 26 October 2009, 01:34 PM
Chris@A-Plan
Former Sponsor

Afternoon,

Firstly apologies for any inconvenience caused. As I did not see this one, I can not comment on whether the questions were asked.

Experience wise, we have to look at this carefully, as someone driving a little hatchback etc... may not have the understanding of a Subaru or equivalent with the extra power and handling.

Thank you for the feedback though. This is what the forum is all about, sharing your good/bad experiences, and unlike other brokers handling objections, I will try my best to get things resolved personally, please feel free to contact me directly if you have any queries with your policies or if you are just after a quote, and I will try my best to assist.

Once again my apologies,

Chris @ A-Plan
01635 874646
Old 26 October 2009, 03:05 PM
The Grift
Scooby Regular

Cheers chris, I will say our money is getting refunded no problem, ;-)
Old 26 October 2009, 03:44 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

i dont think this problem is just with a plan, i had it with them both in that they wont insure you with no previous impreza history, keith michaelss were the same.

and i had 4 years no claims, just that i was 21 and no history other than on a traders policy

think it really needs to be looked at though
Old 26 October 2009, 04:23 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all insurance is a rip off,a company tried to charge me an extra 135 on my online quote as "i have kids" yes they tried to charge me 135 extra for having my kid who was 9 .what the f**ks having kids got to do with insurance, ive got me the misses (and ma kid) lol wae admiral for 453 fully comp ,
Old 26 October 2009, 04:49 PM
D4VEW557
Scooby Regular

i dont recall kieth micheals asking if i had any performance car expierence but a plan definatley did.

I can see why if you are a young kid with a few years no claims built up on a 1l micra

Still some of the quotes they come up with are just stupid
Old 26 October 2009, 04:57 PM
Chris@A-Plan
Former Sponsor

The reason being eggy, is because insurance is all about statistics. So an under 25 year old, statistically, is more likely to crash a car, and someone with out high performance experience is more likely to under-estimate the power and wrap it round a tree or cause an accident.

So although it seems petty, there is reason behind it, we aren't just doing it to be difficult!

Any profitable insurance company will tell you the same :-)

Although the kid query is WELL beyond me! (Sorry)

Regards

Chris
Old 26 October 2009, 05:08 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

seems alot of insurances are like this now I had been with green light for around 3 years and just because the car was off the road for a year while I rebuilt the engine etc.., when I phoned to re-insure it they said as I haven't drove it for a year it would cost me 600+ more than what it was insured for before it went bang

But then I spoke with Cris from A-PLAN off here and cant believe how far he has gone to get me an awesome quote on my car which i tell my mates and they can't believe how cheap it is and now just insured my second car with him to with top class service

I think that it's who you deal with in the insurance company's these days that makes a difference as some people just cant care less but some like Chris from A-plan that do and will bend over back wards to give a great service and quote
Old 26 October 2009, 05:33 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

gotta say that i'm 21 rang moley at keith micheals and got quoted a very good price for my wrx nothing could touch it.
Old 26 October 2009, 05:53 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@A-Plan
Spot on

We can't always be the cheapest (or offer insurance) for everyone, but by looking after our insurers (aswell as clients) means we are able to remain competitive.
Old 31 October 2009, 10:50 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

having happily used both a-plan and keith michaels, i understand the above comments from them respectively.

long live the cheaper policies for experienced driver IMHO
Old 31 October 2009, 11:18 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

had dealings with a-plan and km insurance, has to be km insurance for me, ive had a sh!tty year and gary has really helped me loads (thanks gary ) he probs dont want me as a customer but hes stuck with me lol

chris is the one to deal with at a-plan as there are some right muppets that work there.
Old 31 October 2009, 11:30 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I can remember when I got my 3rd Scoob (red classic some remember off here). Insurance was £1750 for the first year (as I'd only been driving 9 months and was 22). Nobody on here could touch the quote (Ecar for the record - totally legit). Then the following year, Ecar came up trumps for £1251, so a £500 drop by having one years NCB. I called Moley and he was honest enough to admit they couldn't touch that quote.

However when I went for the renewal last December on my 205GTi, all I did was send Moley a PM and he did the rest. Gimme a call one morning near to renewal (same day as Ecar sent me a renewal strangley enough for £770). Ran through a couple details, and the price was £470 fully comp. Brilliant price considering I was only 24 then, did have 2 years NCB BUT 2 non fault accidents within 4 days of each other.

Didn't even bother trying to beat it as it was obscenely cheap. So come a couple weeks time, I'll be trying Moley (obviously as he's a gent as well as a miracle worker ), probably A-plan and no doubt that stoopid fcukin' rat off Compare the meerkat or whatever.

Simples
Old 03 November 2009, 10:17 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

well stuck with a plan for the last 3 years can't fault them no one else can get any where near the price that they have given me at the mo got 2 scoobs covered by them and can't fault the price they gave me perhaps i'm lucky with my postcode
Old 09 November 2009, 01:39 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

No payouts = profits. It's all in the statistics

TX.

Originally Posted by Chris@A-Plan
Old 18 November 2009, 01:27 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Ive been with A plan for a few years now but wont be staying come renewal time, never made a claim and they cant even get a windscreen sorted out, year after year you pay your money but the cover isnt worth the paper its written on if they dont sort it out, ive made about 11 calls so far trying to sort it myself and when i do get all the info im told not too bother yet they still havent sorted it lol lol
Professionals they arent.
Old 18 November 2009, 01:32 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

i dont think its aplans fault. that will be to do with your actual insurance company.

i got insured with my sti v3 through aplan at £850 without protection. had a call almost a month later to say that there was a mistake and the insurance company them self pulled the plug but however they said not to worry as they cover it again with protection and at £800 with a months free insurance. cant fault that for service. if its there fault they do fix it and look after you.
Old 18 November 2009, 04:07 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i pay £570 fully comp, like for like mods with the missus on too with A Plan, to be fair Kieth Michaels (Moley) offered the same quote but i decided to stay were i was to save having to change.

Last edited by powerwrx; 18 November 2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 18 November 2009, 05:01 PM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

Everyone's saying it so I'm gonna join in: -

KEITH MICHAELS

We're into our third yeat with them No issues, no problems, good price, excellent policy and always available
Old 18 November 2009, 05:13 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_D
i dont think its aplans fault. that will be to do with your actual insurance company.

i got insured with my sti v3 through aplan at £850 without protection. had a call almost a month later to say that there was a mistake and the insurance company them self pulled the plug but however they said not to worry as they cover it again with protection and at £800 with a months free insurance. cant fault that for service. if its there fault they do fix it and look after you.
Funny you say that, the Insurance Company have sorted it, I rang them direct after a rude phone call from a member of staff from A plan today and yep they should have 1 with me and fitted tomorrow,
I have since had a call from A plan and its at least 48 hours but they think they have one now,
More like groupama dont like the customer ringing them direct and someone has had a telling off,

All the companies smile while they take your hard earned, its when you make a claim the good and bad show their true colours.

PS: I would like to say that Chris has pm`d me but it was another branch not him thats caused the problems just A Plan Insurance.
Old 18 November 2009, 06:18 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

ah see there is the difference. thatcham all the way
Old 19 November 2009, 08:46 PM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Everyone's saying it so I'm gonna join in: -

KEITH MICHAELS

We're into our third yeat with them No issues, no problems, good price, excellent policy and always available
Have you had a claim through them, as that is the only real test of what you have paid for ?
Stan
PS Had a quote for my 08 STi from SAGA (stop laughing !) £350 (!!!!!!!!!) FC etc max NCD, std motor. I then told them about the mods and am waiting ..........

Last edited by StanS; 19 November 2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 20 November 2009, 04:30 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

SAGA go all funny with mods. - at over 50 you really shouldn't be looking to modifying
Old 20 November 2009, 07:10 PM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Wuhoo- £329 FC. As mods were done before delivery, no additional premium !!!

SunnySideUp - started modding in 1966 (Mini for 1000cc racing) - why break the habit of a lifetime ?