Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need insurance but cant get a resoanable quote

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2009, 03:48 PM
shanew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need insurance but cant get a resoanable quote

To start off, i have 2 claims, one was in 2006 that was classed as a fault claim because someone smashed the window and stole my stereo. the second was november 2007, this is still pending. another driver drove into the front of my car, adrian flux want to write it off but as i wouldnt accept the very low offer for my car it's sat pending the ombudsman investigating. i've got 8 years pncd and have a 57 plate wrx sat in the garage. a-plan insured me for £580 but retracted the cover as the broker was'nt interested with the 2 claims. im currently driving 3rd party on my sisters car but i have to give that back next month so really need to sort mine out. can anyone suggest who i could try without paying silly money as both claims were beyond my control and i have no convictions or points either.

Cheers,
Shane
Old 28 January 2009, 04:01 PM
bobs_p1
Scooby Regular

Hi Shane,

Try bell insurance im only 21 and i got a wicked deal of them mate

bobs_p1
Old 28 January 2009, 04:34 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shanew
driver drove into the front of my car, adrian flux want to write it off but as i wouldnt accept the very low offer for my car it's sat pending the ombudsman investigating. i've got 8 years pncd and have a 57 plate wrx sat in the garage.
Top tip for anyone finding themselves in this situation - let the police recover the car. It will then go to a pound where you insurance comapny get charged each day it is there. At £25 a day they tend to resovle these cases much faster than ones where the car is on a driveway/in a garage rusting for free.

Good luck chap.

5t.
Old 01 February 2009, 12:19 PM
shanew
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replys, Bell want £900 and as for having the car recovered, that wouldnt have changed the situation as my insurance would have just recovered it to their own compound. the argument is over the amount their prepaired to pay.

Cheers,
Shane.
Old 02 February 2009, 01:13 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shanew
Thanks for the replys, Bell want £900 and as for having the car recovered, that wouldnt have changed the situation as my insurance would have just recovered it to their own compound. the argument is over the amount their prepaired to pay.

Cheers,
Shane.
I doubt they have yards all over the place. A non Police recovery still goes to a yard and they still charge by the day.

Sounds like you might have to write to the FSA and complain about the time taken. You need to show that your car would cost £X to replace so that means examples from dealers etc. Make the case and have the FSA chase them up.

5t.
Old 04 February 2009, 11:42 AM
shanew
Scooby Regular

it's sat with the Ombudsman at the moment, problem is i need to sort some insurance out pretty soon and i know how long they can take. Just tried greenlight who quoted a grand with £500 excess. running out of places to go now, really dont want to have the get rid of the car but its looking like a possibility now