Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greenlight sending me Crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2009, 12:54 PM
W9LTN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greenlight sending me Crazy.

I have been insured with greenlight for a couple of months now and for a very good price. Trouble is they keep sending me letters saying i need to send them my direct debit info. I have sent them this Twice (thats 2 times) in their own self addressed envelopes which are pre-paid. Now this morning i receive a letter saying that they are going to cancel my insurance f they don't receive it within 7 days. What do they want me to do? as i said i have already signed and posted it twice. Do i have to drive down there and sign it in front of their face screw it up and stuff it in someones mouth so that they receive it? ARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Anyone else had this problem?
Old 25 January 2009, 08:50 AM
W9LTN
Scooby Regular

Haha just had a look at my online banking i've been paying it at £59.77 per month to Premium Credit Ltd. If thats not them then i had better cancel the DD as i ain't got a clue who it is. The figure being sent is 1/10th of my premium so it must be them.
Old 25 January 2009, 08:56 AM
W9LTN
Scooby Regular

This post is for Tony. If they are still after a proof of no claims bonus you should speak to Highway Insurance which is who Greenlight have put me with i was already insured with Highway and they were saying they wouldn't insure me on the Subaru. I cancelled my Policy and went with Greenlight for 1/2 the cost and they still insured me with Highway.
Old 25 January 2009, 08:47 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I would suggest rather than starting a thread on here, either pm'ing Tony, or actually calling your insurers

I say this as I had the same thing with Keith Michaels. I simply sent Gary Moulson who sorted my quote and details out, a polite pm, and he gave the new guy in accounts a kick up the ****. No hassle, no grief, just corssed wires and a genuine mistake.

Situation sorted
Old 26 January 2009, 09:02 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi W9,

This does sound like something that will be relatively simple to resolve for you, providing you can PM me your details.

Where premium finance is required and the respective Insurer does not offer a finance option, like most other Insurance providers we outsource to a premium finance company.

The company we use is Premium Credit, who are the market leader funding £2.2 Billion of premium per year (So they should be able to get this right).

With regard to your proof of No Claims Bonus, this may have been the only document requested from you when arranging the policy. You may have also received automated reminder letters in this regard.

Receiving NCB is crucial (especially bearing in mind the type of vehicle you have) and whilst all Insurance providers base their terms upon what you declare they do require the proof.

Now that you have advised the respective Insurer we will easily be able to resolve this for you, but without knowing who your prior Insurer was and not having received the written proof we would have continued to pursue this with you.

As per chocolate, if you can PM me your actual name, postcode & date of birth i'll get on the case straight away for you and will contact Premium Credit.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 26 January 2009, 06:04 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

After your confirming today that the prior Insurer was Highway Insurance and having identified you, we managed to confirm NCB via the telephone this morning which allowed the potential cancellation to be revolked, policy issue to be concluded and documents to be posted to you today.

We were unaware as to your sending Direct Debit details several times, as this would have been handled directly by the premium finance company.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 26 January 2009, 07:20 PM
W9LTN
Scooby Regular

Thanks, i'm just glad it's finally sorted. I think the problem may lie with Highway themselves there was a bit of a mess when i changed my policy to greenlight as i was gonna lose out on quite a bit of money due to ending the other policy early. When sorting out the new policy with greenlight, Highway told me i wouldn't need to send proof of my no claims as they already had it and they would just transfer it over. Obviously they didn't do that and that is why i kept getting these letters. Regarding the letters i'm not sure they were asking for no claims proof, as far as i'm aware they only asked for DD forms which i had already sent. But as you say Tony DD is handled by premium and not yourselves.

At least it's all sorted now.
Old 27 January 2009, 11:37 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

No worries

Glad we collectively managed to get things back on track for you