Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance claim question

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2009, 11:28 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance claim question

Hello

Last year I had an accident where someone pulled in front of me and the car was written off. The witness statement supports me not being responsible, as does the police statement and the fact that the other driver has been offered the driving course or a dangerous driving charge. Her insurers have also agreed to settle the claim with mine.

My question is, that I paid the insurance premium in full at the start of the policy, and was told that as I was only 6 months through the policy they would refund the 6 months for the cancelled policy. Now they are saying that I wont bet the balance of the premium back. Does thissound correct ? The insurer is Admiral.

Dave
Old 16 January 2009, 12:18 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

They usually won't give out the balance of a policy that has been claimed on. However, if you have legal protection you could maybe ask them to recover this, and your excess as costs from the other insurer.

Just a thought.

5t.
Old 16 January 2009, 12:37 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

What happens if you pay by direct debit and havent paid the full premium ? Surely you just stop the DD and then you dont pay any more after the policy is cancelled, or do you have to pay up to the end anyway ?
Old 16 January 2009, 01:33 PM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

they r a pain the the ***.. wont cancel and if u cancel the DD, they will sue u etc etc....
Old 16 January 2009, 01:57 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by druddle
What happens if you pay by direct debit and havent paid the full premium ? Surely you just stop the DD and then you dont pay any more after the policy is cancelled, or do you have to pay up to the end anyway ?
I'd assume that untill the claim is fully closed you'd have to pay the premium if your insurers are involved. If you don't pay they'll chase you for the money, and pass it to debt collectors if still not paid.