Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap Direct Line :(

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2008, 03:43 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Crap Direct Line :(

Last April I got insurance with my BMW for a good price, then last month changed cars to the STI, phoned them etc and they said it would be £130ish more which was ok!
I got the paperwork, quickly checked it and put it away. I needed to send my tracker certificate off to them which I received today, so got my paperwork out for the policy number, and noticed that they had my car as a WRX SL....So, being the good boy that I am phoned and told them about it, so she changed it and said that there is now an extra charge of £175. Even though I'm 100% sure when I called when I initially changed my car they did confirm it was a STI. It's not worth cancelling though due to what I'd get back, and loosing 6months NCB. I'm skint enough already buying this car, so could have done without the extra £175 Just for Direct Line (as they require a tracker), I've had to pay £125 for the tracker to be fixed, £135 for the tracker subscription, £130 to upgrade to the STI....and now an extra £175 due to them ******* things up on the paperwork.

Rant over!! Sorry about that.
Old 27 November 2008, 05:02 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

I was insured with them when I bought my Scoob, wouldn't insure without a tracker so I went elsewhere, saved a load of money, and didn't need a tracker.

I wouldn't accept that £175 extra charge, ask them if they have the recording of the original call and ask them to see how they ended up quoting on a WRX SL when you said STI. Problem is I guess that it's up to you to check the paperwork thoroughly. Worth a try though
Old 27 November 2008, 05:15 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
I wouldn't accept that £175 extra charge, ask them if they have the recording of the original call and ask them to see how they ended up quoting on a WRX SL when you said STI. Problem is I guess that it's up to you to check the paperwork thoroughly. Worth a try though
Correct. I've had money back this way. they checked the records and found they'd made the mistake so had to suck it up.

5t.
Old 27 November 2008, 05:31 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Didn't know they kept records!

I would move, but I paid in full last year, and have now paid for the tracker to be fixed, and the subscription etc. So would be a lot of ££ out of pocket. But definitely wont be renewing next April!
Old 27 November 2008, 06:35 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrisdicko
Didn't know they kept records!

I would move, but I paid in full last year, and have now paid for the tracker to be fixed, and the subscription etc. So would be a lot of ££ out of pocket. But definitely wont be renewing next April!
My girlfriend works in insurance, and they will have a recording of your conversation!
Old 27 November 2008, 06:36 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Besides you only have to mention the FSA to a manager and watch them back down.
Old 27 November 2008, 07:43 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Cool, thanks for that!