Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

competative quotes!

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2008, 09:30 PM
Micky Type-R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default competative quotes!

Why oh why can i not get a decent quote for my car.Everywhere i go i seem to get stupid quotes which to be honest i feel are way above what i ought to be paying.Most seem to want to rob me of over £1500.Best quote so far =KM £993 which is still bloody high

Impreza type r (standard except exhaust and coilovers) owned 9 month
36(next month)
3 points(sp30)
no accidents
1 yr no claims (been on various company insurance for over 10 yr)
garaged
thatcham cat 1

been driving constantly for nearly 20 years either on my insurance or family or company and i have plenty of experience of driving high performance cars over the years,in my own vehicles and other peoples in both competition and on the road.
So why is it i see 20+yr olds on forums like this brandishing figures around that quite honestly make my blood boil as they are way below what i can get.How can their insurance be so much cheaper when clearly they dont have the amount of driving experience that i have.
I apreciate that job,area and the like come into play but i live in a nice area rarely plagued by thieving scum,ok so im a courier but does the above count for nothing these days.I even got a mate to do a quote for my car as himself(same age,unemployed,rough area,driveway) and the quote came back half what i was quoted
It seems to me its a case of if your name fits!