Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-plan alternative?

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2008, 03:11 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-plan alternative?

can anyone list me some A-plan alternatives?
my renewal is due and its gone up..
if it stay put then i would be ok,
Old 29 July 2008, 06:42 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

they are very good , why change ??
try keith michaels,or the banner above green light ins
Old 03 August 2008, 04:11 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Id suggest Keith Michaels, you do need to speak to Gary Moulson though (and theres more than one Gary too).

Simon
Old 03 August 2008, 06:22 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

mine went up slightly this year with A Plan, but stayed with them as they are ok with mods and always helpful on the phone.
Old 03 August 2008, 07:09 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

Hi guys

A plan's quote went up for me as well, so I got a phone estimate from Keith Michaels and A PLan matched it. Initial A Plan offer was £755 excl breakdown, and I got it for £730 incl breakdown. KM offer was £695 excl breakdown. 1998 classic with PPP and bodywork mods and a london postcode, no points, 7yrs NC. So, you can beat them up a little - lets face it, in this present financial climate they also need every customer they can get - but its seems tough out there for premium levels at the mo.

Incidentally, I would have gone to Keith Michaels, but Gary M never sent me the paperwork on time after me calling him 5 days prior to the renewal and discussing the price etc, but that was after me sending him an unanswered email 3 weeks prior to my renewal from their website link. Aparrantly they get so much sapm form these links they are treated like SPAM so don't get a reply!!??

I've always found A Plan pretty good with their admin and get it done, which was the sole reason KM lost my business this year.
Old 03 August 2008, 10:27 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I believe that A Plan dont insure your mods, they insure your car with mods. The difference comes when its gone and you make a claim.....
Old 03 August 2008, 11:00 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by GC8
I believe that A Plan dont insure your mods, they insure your car with mods. The difference comes when its gone and you make a claim.....
Can you explain this a little more. Whats the difference?

Thanks Ticky

Trending Topics

Old 04 August 2008, 12:02 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

In the event of a claim standard items (or their value) are replaced. On a heavily developed car this can make a massive difference. You are covered with the modifications by the insurer, but only for the road risk, not for their value in the event of a claim.
Old 04 August 2008, 10:56 AM
daredevil
Scooby Regular

I have been with A-Plan on my scooby for a couple of years now, and apparently they do cover mods like 4 like (yet to have a claim tho, to put this to the test ). Everything is stated in the paperwork I received and they suggested I keep copies of all the receipts I have and also to take photos of the car (as if I have not done that already lol, my car is sexy)....

Always been happy with there service etc, but renewal is due shortly and will be having a good phone around....

Oh and who do you think would win a fight between me and Batman?? ...
Old 04 August 2008, 01:22 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

They may well do. When I looked into it Keith Michaels did, but A Plan didnt.
Old 04 August 2008, 02:19 PM
daredevil
Scooby Regular

As i said, not had to make a claim yet.......time will tell.
Old 04 August 2008, 03:02 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Dont wait! Ask them: if you make a claim and they try to replace everything with standard parts then youre f*cked.....
Old 04 August 2008, 03:12 PM
daredevil
Scooby Regular

well i called them and asked for the manager as really want to make sure everything is covered.

I spoke to Lee, who did advise that not all there companies cover mods, but if the vehicle is modified they will put you with a company that cover all the mods like 4 like as long as they are listed (he advised the companies that dont cover mods are for people with MPV's and 4x4 trucks).

He also called the insurance company while I held on the line and confirmed...

Yep, sounds like all my mods are covered, and apparently the call was recorded by them....

Thats good enough for me....kinda pleased really as looking to add a few bits in the very very near future....
Old 04 August 2008, 03:54 PM
mshill
Scooby Regular

Yes A -Plan are always very helpfull on the phone, afterall they are a broker and want your dosh,
make sure that your policy is not markerstudy, if you are unfortunate enough to have your car stole, markerstudy are absolutly useless, in fact they stall for months and look for every opertunity to put you at fault.

Cheapest policy is only good if you don't have a claim, with my bad experience of markerstudy i have now changed to Keith Michaels and policy is highway,
mark
Old 04 August 2008, 05:20 PM
daredevil
Scooby Regular

Well I can't imagine any insurance company likes to pay out and im sure all the companies have good claims and bad claims, highway included.

My brother had a claim on his american chevy and had a nitemare claiming and was with a different insurance company(cant remember who!!!), funny thing was it was not even his fault.

Anyway thanks for the chat guys. I will be phoning around at renewal and always look for the best deal and try to get things confirmed in writing.

Im sure there are many other insurers besides Keith Michaels and A-Plan anyway so I will see what they offer...

Happy motoring...........
Old 04 August 2008, 06:35 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be worth lookin at eCar Insurance - Welcome to eCar Insurance

I'm with them, and have been for 2 years now. I'm paying £690 fully comp with all my mods declared. I'm 25 and have 4 years no claims. It's all done online, really quick & simple. They are the only company that would even come near me when I was first trying to get insurance. But that was 2 years ago, before I'd even heard of A-plan and the others that people recommend. My renewal's up in November so might have to try them then.
Old 04 August 2008, 06:42 PM
mikey2
Scooby Regular

Just gotta remember that Aplan are not insurers, they just broker the deal for you on their behalf. Although i go through Aplan, i am actually insured by Groupama, who so far have proved to be a monstrous shower of sh*t! On the plus side i didnt have to claim, and i didnt get a chance to either, groupama phoned me the next day and said, 3rd party at fault, how would you like to proceed!, was quite impressed with that. Its from then on it went horribly horribly wrong. The proved that the right hand cant see hear or speak to the left hand, and well, if you more than 3 feet away your ****ed!!!!
Its still not sorted, but on the plus side, A plan are good, i always have a good chat with Matt when i call them.