Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which companies recognise the PPP?

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2007, 12:38 PM
stevo1970
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which companies recognise the PPP?

I've started to look around for insurance as my renewal is due soon. I've tried the GoCompare and Confused site but they don't give the option of a PPP, I have to break it down into chip, exhaust and airfilter. They also don't give the option of it being a manufacturer endorsed modification.

Are there any companies that know what the PPP is and can quote accordingly?

Thanks

Stevo
Old 31 October 2007, 02:09 PM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

None that I've found will recognise it properly. I have tried many...

In 2005 Subaru sold versions of the Impreza with the PPP already fitted, they were recognised by most companies eventually (listed as STI 301 or something like that).

Since then and before then, you are wasting your time telling them it has a PPP you need to tell then Chip and Exhaust with 15% power increase (The PPP does not have an air filter change). The notable exceptions are the companies that advertaise on here. They recognise PPP, but they similarly recognise other performance modifications just as easily.

My advice is to go with one of the companies you find on here, otherwise you will end up getting REALLY frustrated for a REALLY long time talking to numpties on the phone telling them the same thing again and again and again and again
Old 31 October 2007, 02:55 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

As said above if you have a 2005 car where it was fitted for free as part of the Subaru deal , then both Directline (Privelege) and Admiral(Elephant) have listed a 2005 STI UK 301 , Where the 301 relates to the BHP ,I still had to explain this to the girl on the other end of the phone though , but she found it in the end

Dave