Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Extended Warranties Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2007, 09:26 AM
diane jsmith
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Extended Warranties Worth It?

I am about to settle the paper work & pick up my 2008 Toyota Rav4 (4cyl Ltd) in a couple of days. My question is this: Are extended warranties and car protection packages (rust proofing, paint protection etc.) etc. worth getting? From what I have read, most books say no, - but I wanted to ask all of you directly.
Old 27 October 2007, 12:08 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

protection packages are not worth it warranties can be a minefield,need to look at the small print in it i remember my dads trouble with bmw with the extended warranty on his car not everything was covered like the origional manufacturers warranty
Old 27 October 2007, 10:35 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

IMO warranties arn't worth the money, simple fact is, a warranty is simply insurance and they wouldn't sell it if there was a good chance you'have to make a claim, so in theory then your better off taking the ame chance as them and putting the money in a savings account... chances are unless you dick about with the car and you treet it like sh!te and don't put oil in it you'de be unlucky to have a serious problem... if on the other hand you do dick about with it, then ya warranties valuless anyhow... The best warranty you could find is someone you trust who can repair the car no matter what... simple as.... just looking at it from a pure bussiness point of view...
Daz
Old 29 October 2007, 08:29 AM
marina_meggy
Scooby Newbie

Yeah! This warranty will pay for your vehicle's covered repairs after the manufacturer's warranty has expired. If you want more about extended warranty then I would like to prefer a site called Extended Warranty Shopper: Car, Truck & Auto Warranties you can get all about extended warranty. Hope this will help you.
All the best!