Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance for STi going to Italy

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2007, 02:21 AM
Buford
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance for STi going to Italy

Hey guys! I'm an american bringing a 05 Aspen White STi over to Aviano AB, Italy. Getting quotes from our american counterparts has been a headache and they are giving us outrageous rates. I understand Italy is expensive to insure.

I've seen Greenlight, A-plan and a couple others. Any specifically handle Italy and giving decent rates? I can live with a higher rate than here in the states but almost quadruple is crazy. Thanks alot for any info you can help me with!!

Take care

Justin
Old 31 May 2007, 09:24 AM
maclean2
Scooby Regular

Hi

clements.com look as if they can arrange locally based insurance anywhere in Europe so they might be worth a look.Have no idea of pricing but they have been around for some time.
Also try alessie.com who are based in the Netherlands but can arrange cover anywhere in Europe.
Another avenue would be to contact the Italian office of Generali or Allianz or Zurich who are 3 of the biggest European insurers.

UK insurers cannot insure an Italian plated car but the above companies can arrange cover via their links with locally based insurers.

Best of luck

Last edited by maclean2; 31 May 2007 at 11:09 AM. Reason: updated
Old 31 May 2007, 03:34 PM
Buford
Scooby Newbie

I'll give it a shot - thanks