Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At what point isn't the car mine?

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2007, 12:28 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At what point isn't the car mine?

I'll be as brief as I can.......

I had a accident in my car that resulted in me flipping the car. And the car as you can imagine it was a mess.

I had my first offer from my insurance company that was not realistic at all (when are they?) The reason for this is that they did not have my Mods included in the file?????

Anyway, I had to proove my case to them including finding the bills and anything I had done to the car to proove it was worth more prior to my accident. So off they went........I then get a letter telling me they will get back to me within 28 days after an engineer has run a report. Simple you think?

To find that this morning I get a friend of mine off of SurreyScoobies telling me my car is in the process of all parts not damaged being sold on eBay by a breakers yard!!!!!

I sent off the V5 form to the insurance company two days after the crash on there request......however I did not sign the slip on that form.....so surely the car is still mine?

I rang the Insurance Company direct and after I asked
>had the engineer report taken place yet?
>She said , We have not had anything back from him yet so he will look into the case in the next 7-10 days..........

I> said I hope he had as my car was now in bits and being sold on eBay.

She then rang the yard where "they send there cars" and confirmed that they did not get the message that the car was not to be touched for breaking and that they have now sold the car on where it is out of there hands? I told them the car is still mine until I get confirmation from the DVLA that I am no longer the keeper. She said "don't worry. It won't affect you settlement" .

I'm sure you can imagine my response.

I'm a happy go lucky bloke and don't get wound up that easy but this is starting to grind on me. I fancy a trip up to IPSWICH to kick some ****.

Has this happend to anyone else or am I just an unlucky fella.

Steve aka The heart breaker
Old 25 May 2007, 12:35 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

The car is yours until you accept and receive there settlement figure.
Old 25 May 2007, 05:28 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

I'm no legal expert but i agree,it's yours until a settlement is agreed.

I would really push this with the insurance company to be honest,and i mean REALLY push it.

This could go 2 ways.......

1. They are total arseholes and give you a figure knowing you'll have to accept it.

2. They've ****ed up big time therefore give you a reasonable settlement due this.

I'm thinking and hoping for your sake it's the latter.They've messed up and bits of your car are being sold against your knowledge.If they don't give you the figure you want call their bluff and say you'll keep the car.

Honestly mate,call them back and ask to speak to the highest person you can - this aint right at all.