Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To anyone with GroupAMA insurance, be warned!

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2007, 03:34 PM
Adramalech
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry To anyone with GroupAMA insurance, be warned!

OMG, they have to be the crapest insurer known to man..

Here's Why:

I have recently had what I would consider a minor prang to my scooby. Not much damage.. Their approved repairer must be a mercenary quoting just shy of 5k for the repairs, needless to say I nearly fell off my chair. They also politely informed me that my otherwise immaculate scooby was a write off (possibly due to their excessive labour cost), this is after it's taken them 3 days to come up with that little gem, Where as I was previously told the whole turn around time from initial inspection to decision is 24hrs. Ok so far not really Groupama's problem it's the ****e garage they have partnered themselves with, seeking an alternative hopefully sensible quotation from another source I submit that. Expecting that a Groupama engineer would visit me within the next 24hours I waited to plead my case.

Later I was told that the earliest time wouldn't be until 5 days later! bear in mind that I have full comp insurance of which they also informed me that I wasn't even entitled to a rental/courtesy car whilst they faf about! So all in all thats 3days to get an over-priced ridiculous estimate, 5 days to get a Groupama engineer to inspect the car and to top it off I have now been told that he's not even turning up, apparently he phoned in sick this MORNING! but when I phoned them to get a rough time of when he'll show at midday they said nothing of him not showing only that he will ring 1 hour before turning up! so now I am told I have to wait a further 5 days to get another appointment .. Still no rental/courtesy car for my inconvienience!

My advice, Don't get a policy with groupama it would appear you only get what you pay for!
Old 07 March 2007, 04:06 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Really if you have a problem you'd be best to speak to your broker (presuming you went via a broker), as they are there to help you aswell as take your money from you.

I always advise my clients to contact me if they have any problems at all.

Speak to your broker (if you have one) and advise them what a nightmare you're having, and they should be able to help.

Gary
Old 08 March 2007, 11:04 AM
Adramalech
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aye, I have been speaking with the broker. Or though helpfull and understanding there is little to nothing they claim to be able to do, and unfortunately I believe them.

It would just appear that the policy I was sold was a little too cheap, if there is such a thing with insurance.. lol but yeah, like I said cheapest ain't always the best.

it's just frustrating I guess.