Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Privilege Insurance and BSM Masterdrive discount

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2001, 01:15 PM
Dogus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just questioned Privilege about insuance renewal quote and have been informed that they don't honour the BSM Masterdrive 10% discount anymore due to change of underwritters....
Can't remember them letting me know this. Think it's a bit off when they encouraged me to take the Masterdrive test 2 years ago and said it will give 10% discount on all subsequent renewals....and have now taken it away !

Anyone else getting P1ssed off with insurance companies?
Old 05 December 2001, 02:02 PM
Dogus
Scooby Regular

It gets worse !!!!!!!!!!

following yet another conversation with Privilege have now discovered they don't offer a discount for tracking devices any more.

Where's the sence in this?...surely it's in their interest to have something that will increase the chances of the vehicle being recovered swiftly in the event of it being "half-inched" and therefore no subsequent insurance claim.
Old 06 December 2001, 09:45 AM
philwaring
Scooby Regular

Privilege told me the same thing ... 'thanks for telling us, by the way, but unless your car is worth more than £30k no doscount'. This is the sat 24-hour Protector from RAC Trackstar. After reading another thread in here about Tesco and Trackers I think there should be more consistency from the insurance companies as if you are supposed to have Tracker, even if they told you otherwise, god forbid if anything does go wrong you may be up sh*t creek without a paddle if you don't

Come on insurance co.s, sort it out ....
Old 06 December 2001, 04:10 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just do what I will probably do....and move to an insurance company that doesn't require a tracker (if you haven't got one) or one that does give you a discount (if you have).

I'm as peeved with the rest of you on insurance, even to the point that it may decide whether I keep the car come renewal time