Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for insurance on WRX PPP sportswagon at 23

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2007, 02:12 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for insurance on WRX PPP sportswagon at 23

Hey guys!

I've got my eye on a lovely sportswagon which i could quite easily afford to buy. However, I'm not so sure about insurance. I'm 23 years old with 3 years NCB. I've phoned a few companies, some have refused to insure me, others have given quotes of 1500 or so (without PPP, which is do-able).. but the thing i'm wondering is, are there any insurnace companies out there that will *not* charge you extra for having PPP when getting you a quote? Some companies I've phoned haven't even got a clue what PPP is, and are asking what exact modifications are made to the car when PPP is fitted..

The official subaru insurance company i phoned (which turned me down) said that they don't take PPP into consideration when quoting.. I'm just wondering if there are any other decent companies that might insure somebody of my age with PPP.

I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that PPP shouldn't effect your insurance... I think it was on an advert for a scooby, where the owner said 'STI performance for WRX insurance' (catchy, huh?).

Anyway, if anybody has any advice I'd be hugely greatful! Cheers!

Last edited by Probein; 31 January 2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 31 January 2007, 02:18 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

give bell.co.uk a call i went with them on a 06 WRX (noPPP) at 22 but it was around the 1500 mark if not more..

Just had my car mapped and i am with A Plan but thats still over the 1500 mark however a mapped car would cost more than a PPP so give them a go as well
Old 31 January 2007, 02:25 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
give bell.co.uk a call i went with them on a 06 WRX (noPPP) at 22 but it was around the 1500 mark if not more..

Just had my car mapped and i am with A Plan but thats still over the 1500 mark however a mapped car would cost more than a PPP so give them a go as well
Great stuff, thanks for the tip mate!