Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DO NOT insure with ASDA !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2006, 09:49 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry DO NOT insure with ASDA !!!!!!!

A long story short ....

I had a prang on a roundabout with another road user, I was in the correct position etc, and took all avoiding action to minimise/not have the accident, the other driver didn't even see me in my 4x4.

I had a witness that confirmed everything I had told ASDA.

The other driver admitted liabilty at the scene and was very apologetic.

ASDA have decided to conclude the claim on a 50/50 basis, my repairs where £490, my excess £400 ......... In their letter to me it says 'After a careful review of the claim and to avoid legal costs we have decided on the above settlement'

I have also written a review on Read Honest Consumer Reviews Compare Prices on thousands of products and services at www.reviewcentre.com .... My review can be found HERE .

I am not the only one it seems, the only good one on there gives them 10/10 for everything, which seems to me like it may be an ASDA employee ....

I am very angry with ASDA for this !!!!!!

Anyone know how legal it is to make a wrong decision on a claim, or not 'look after a clients best interests' ??
Old 24 December 2006, 10:39 AM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that mate, thats terrible they bottled out of sorting your claim out when you had all the necessarys for a win!

I dont know where you'd stand legally, but isnt it your right to have them persue the claim even to court? I always get legal cover on my insurance for this very reason (if you dont have legal cover then the legal costs fall down to you... but in both cases I'm sure its your decision to take it as far as you like?? Might be wrong...

On the other hand Direct Line are ruthless and will fight a case even if you're in the wrong and thru top legal department will usually win! If you've ever got a claim against them be afraid! lol
Old 24 December 2006, 09:23 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Appeal against that definatly, you losing your NCB on it aswell?
Old 28 December 2006, 05:14 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Hi Nate.

Hmmm, interesting situation, but it's difficult to fully empathise as we don't have all the details, e.g. were you already on the roundabout or were you just joining it..? Just an example.

If you've not already done so, I'd suggest asking your insurer what details the other party has submitted, i.e. accepted liability for the accident or denying..? No doubt there'll be no 'hands-up' but if he/she admitted at the road-side then you'd naturally want to persue it. Important to remember, if your insurer can recover all the costs then your NCB should remain unaffected.

If you still get no luck and are ademant you are no way liable then you can advise your insurer that you'll be taking the matter up with the Association of British Insurers and the Insurance Ombudsman Bureau. Make sure this is in writing and sent recorded post -- assuming you're in no way liable, I'd be interest to know what happens.

Best of luck.

Jonts.
Old 02 January 2007, 10:20 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jonty
Hi Nate.

Hmmm, interesting situation, but it's difficult to fully empathise as we don't have all the details, e.g. were you already on the roundabout or were you just joining it..? Just an example.

If you've not already done so, I'd suggest asking your insurer what details the other party has submitted, i.e. accepted liability for the accident or denying..? No doubt there'll be no 'hands-up' but if he/she admitted at the road-side then you'd naturally want to persue it. Important to remember, if your insurer can recover all the costs then your NCB should remain unaffected.

If you still get no luck and are ademant you are no way liable then you can advise your insurer that you'll be taking the matter up with the Association of British Insurers and the Insurance Ombudsman Bureau. Make sure this is in writing and sent recorded post -- assuming you're in no way liable, I'd be interest to know what happens.

Best of luck.

Jonts.

I'm with Jonty, very good advice.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 03 January 2007, 01:54 PM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Nate*
A long story short ....

I had a prang on a roundabout with another road user, I was in the correct position etc, and took all avoiding action to minimise/not have the accident, the other driver didn't even see me in my 4x4.

I had a witness that confirmed everything I had told ASDA.

The other driver admitted liabilty at the scene and was very apologetic.

ASDA have decided to conclude the claim on a 50/50 basis, my repairs where £490, my excess £400 ......... In their letter to me it says 'After a careful review of the claim and to avoid legal costs we have decided on the above settlement'

I have also written a review on Read Honest Consumer Reviews Compare Prices on thousands of products and services at www.reviewcentre.com .... My review can be found HERE .

I am not the only one it seems, the only good one on there gives them 10/10 for everything, which seems to me like it may be an ASDA employee ....

I am very angry with ASDA for this !!!!!!

Anyone know how legal it is to make a wrong decision on a claim, or not 'look after a clients best interests' ??
have you got legal cover with your insurance, if so use it and issist on using a solicitor indipendent to what asda recommend.

Also who is the other driver insured with? As this could be why there is a knock (50:50 claim) as both of ou may be insured with the same insurance comapnies under two different trading names. For example Tesco resells Direct line policies online. find out who ASDA resell them for.

Hope it helps

Also did the police attend etc, take witness statements etc as they would then form a view whether or not to procecute.

I am only saying this as 10 minths ago i was in a 3 car bump Not my Fault nad managed to get this recorded as other driver error and has not affected my insurance.
Steve

Last edited by stevebennett; 03 January 2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03 January 2007, 01:59 PM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonty
Hi Nate.

Best of luck.

Jonts.
The ABI would give a monkeys about this as it is his word against the other, better to Appeal and look into using Legal cover on policy to prove negligence and then get a Non-Fault accident recorded on policy with full recovery made. Then this will not affect your next years premiums.

Trending Topics

Old 05 January 2007, 10:03 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the advice guys,

I didn't take out the legal cover .... As I already had it on another policy and thought it was transferrable ....... It is not .

Jonty,

We both entered on to the roundabout, and kept approximately the same speed. Damage was more severe to his car as my Bullbar caught the front of his drivers wing , I then braked, but he did not, this caused him to scrape along my 4x4 and cause damage including poss, new drivers door skin, wing mirror and front wing ...... I got away with a 6" scratch.

I have taken the following course of action before seeing this.

I have looked into a domain along the lines of Dontuseasdainsurance or dontusenorwichunion. As ASDA is underwritten by Norwich Union.

I will hear today from their complaints dept, to find out why this decision was made, as I phoned at 9.05 am, and from their Email, I would expect an answer by the end of the day.

I have asked for the name of the person who made the final decision, so when I write to the MD + shareholders, I have a name to bandy about who is not doing the job effectively enough.

There is a Silver lining to this though, my premium (which is due the end of this month) from ASDA has jumped from £500 ish to £1150 , You don's think this is a silver lining ...... It isn't .

The Silver lining is, Gary Moulson

£292

includes disclosure of the prang.

I cannot recommend this guy enough.
Old 05 January 2007, 10:18 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad to help mate.
Old 05 January 2007, 11:10 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

what about quotememiserable or things like that?
Old 05 January 2007, 11:51 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

So the driver admitted liability and they still went for 50/50? Fight it! That sounds like a lazy insurance company to me - unless this guy has changed his story....
Old 05 January 2007, 03:13 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Chris,

I have to wait for their complaints person to contact me today, I will then knoe the outcome. And I will also know my next plan of attack !!

I was so annoyed by the fact that the litigation team for Esure (his insurers) wrote to me saying they were going to take me to court personally to recoup their losses (amounting £1150 ), I went round to see him. All I got from him was, 'I've put it in the hands of the insurers' . I felt like hitting him !!!

I refrained though .

Gary is a breath of fresh air when it comes to insuring ...... You always seem to get screwed !!!
Old 20 January 2007, 09:54 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

I got a reply from ASDA complaints person :-

Dear Mr Xxxxx

In my previous letter I promised to provide you with a full response to your complaint.

I apologise that it has taken me sometime to respond to the issues you have raised regarding the handling of the above claim.

I also apologise that you had tried to contact our office on several occasions but were unable to get through and when you eventually did you were cut off.

I agree after looking at all the available evidence that liability mainly rests with the third party. The case has been reviewed again and the decision has been made that liability rests 100% with the third party.
I have arranged for your No Claims Bonus to be reinstated and if you wish to get your vehicle repaired we will also reimburse your excess in full. I also agree that you should be compensated with the numerous telephone calls you have made and ask that you send in a copy of your telephone bill and I will arrange for a the amount to be reimbursed to you.

You also raised the issue that you had seen an advertisement that allows you to have a replacement child seat put in your car no matter if the vehicle was damaged or not I have queried this with the customer services department and they confirmed that this is not one of their policies and it is only Norwich Union who offer the replacement. If you wish to query this please contact customer services on 0808 101 6725.

I apologise again that it has taken sometime for me to respond to the issues you have raised and that the wrong settlement had been proposed. I have escalated this concern as a training issue which will be looked into by the relevant managers.

Asda strives to provide its customers with the highest quality of service and I am sorry on this occasion we have fallen short of our standards. We have a process in place to feedback to our senior management team on issues such as this in order that we can take the appropriate steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur in future.

I hope I have answered all your concerns but if you would like to talk about this further please call me on 0151 479 0659. I will keep your complaint file open for 8 weeks so you have time to consider my response and if I have not heard from you by then, I will close your file.
I have also attached a complaint leaflet for your records.

Kind Regards

The only thing I can say about the above, is that this has been dragging on since the beginning of May 2006 , So how do they expect me to look up ALL telephone records for this time ?

I am still not entirely satisfied, as this is the outcome that hould have been reached just after the accident, but has taken all this time, and me fighting for the correct outcome.

Nate.
Old 20 January 2007, 01:53 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Old 20 January 2007, 07:28 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

back at ya Phil
Old 21 January 2007, 08:50 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Welldone m8!
Old 05 January 2008, 01:19 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Default UPDATE..UPDATE..UPDATE

Asda had kept my original card details on file, as I had originally paid for ,y insurance in one go.

Had a renwal notice through this morning, along with a new Insurance Certificate , got me thinking why they would send an Insurance Certificate, I rang them up and asked when the last payment had been made, for what amount and how long for ?

It turns out they had been taking money from my account for the year, when I had instructed them to cancel !!!

I have just got off the phone, and they are reimbursing my account with MY £1226.76 .

I asked whether I could have interest on MY money, and I was told that if I wanted to go that route, they would have to dig out recordings of phone converasations, so I told them to settle that amount. What I will do though, is send a follow up letter, requesting that they now settle my interest on that amount.

I have already been stiffed once through them, they are not getting away with it a second time !
Old 05 January 2008, 03:04 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I got a reply from ASDA complaints person :-

Dear Mr Xxxxx

In my previous letter I promised to provide you with a full response to your complaint.

I apologise that it has taken me sometime to respond to the issues you have raised regarding the handling of the above claim.

I also apologise that you had tried to contact our office on several occasions but were unable to get through and when you eventually did you were cut off.

I agree after looking at all the available evidence that liability mainly rests with the third party. The case has been reviewed again and the decision has been made that liability rests 100% with the third party.
I have arranged for your No Claims Bonus to be reinstated and if you wish to get your vehicle repaired we will also reimburse your excess in full. I also agree that you should be compensated with the numerous telephone calls you have made and ask that you send in a copy of your telephone bill and I will arrange for a the amount to be reimbursed to you.

You also raised the issue that you had seen an advertisement that allows you to have a replacement child seat put in your car no matter if the vehicle was damaged or not I have queried this with the customer services department and they confirmed that this is not one of their policies and it is only Norwich Union who offer the replacement. If you wish to query this please contact customer services on 0808 101 6725.

I apologise again that it has taken sometime for me to respond to the issues you have raised and that the wrong settlement had been proposed. I have escalated this concern as a training issue which will be looked into by the relevant managers.

Asda strives to provide its customers with the highest quality of service and I am sorry on this occasion we have fallen short of our standards. We have a process in place to feedback to our senior management team on issues such as this in order that we can take the appropriate steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur in future.

I hope I have answered all your concerns but if you would like to talk about this further please call me on 0151 479 0659. I will keep your complaint file open for 8 weeks so you have time to consider my response and if I have not heard from you by then, I will close your file.
I have also attached a complaint leaflet for your records.

Kind Regards

The only thing I can say about the above, is that this has been dragging on since the beginning of May 2006 , So how do they expect me to look up ALL telephone records for this time ?

I am still not entirely satisfied, as this is the outcome that hould have been reached just after the accident, but has taken all this time, and me fighting for the correct outcome.

Nate.

This just goes to show what happens (when you make a claim) when you insure with call centre/admin centre -type insurers.

How many people just accept this behaviour and suffer the out of pocket expense and long term costs involved?
Old 08 January 2008, 01:55 PM
Drift_King
Scooby Regular

I've got to say that it's bad enough going into Asda and fighting past all the pikeys to buy some milk, but there's noooooo way I would get insured with them. Glad you are no longer on their books.
Old 08 January 2008, 04:47 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Asda had kept my original card details on file, as I had originally paid for ,y insurance in one go.

Had a renwal notice through this morning, along with a new Insurance Certificate , got me thinking why they would send an Insurance Certificate, I rang them up and asked when the last payment had been made, for what amount and how long for ?

It turns out they had been taking money from my account for the year, when I had instructed them to cancel !!!

I have just got off the phone, and they are reimbursing my account with MY £1226.76 .

I asked whether I could have interest on MY money, and I was told that if I wanted to go that route, they would have to dig out recordings of phone converasations, so I told them to settle that amount. What I will do though, is send a follow up letter, requesting that they now settle my interest on that amount.

I have already been stiffed once through them, they are not getting away with it a second time !
seriously, they took nearly 1300 squid out your account, and you never even noticed

if i were you id be getting internet banking, and stop earning so bloody much.

if anything goes missing from my account, thats it im into stingy tw@t mode and on the phone to an indian call centre
Old 08 January 2008, 04:57 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I wouldn't buy beans from Asda, never mind insurance
Old 08 January 2008, 04:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i like their beans actually
Old 11 January 2008, 02:30 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
seriously, they took nearly 1300 squid out your account, and you never even noticed
I knew someone would comment on this, but I have so many insurances going through the business, and I keep so busy, it was one that slipped through ....... But I did pick up on it .................................... Eventually