Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greenlight - no longer insuring Imports

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2006, 10:45 AM
highlander
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Greenlight - no longer insuring Imports

I have been insured with Greenlight for the last while and have just sold my car (Sti 5 Type R) to my brother and recommended he try Greenlight for insurance.

However they stated that they are no longer opening any new policies on imports!

I see that the advert on here still says imports so I guess that is now out of date!
Old 04 October 2006, 12:56 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Highlander,

To clarify, we still have the ability to cover imported vehicles.

The reason for our recent withdrawal from offering new business quotations was due to a review which occurred in relation to viability.

Having analysed our conversion rates for imported vehicles we receive an inordinate amount of quotations for individuals who are 'thinking of buying' numerous imported vehicles which never materialise.

Processing quotations for individuals who are thinking of buying imported vehicles has resulted in our conversion of 2/600 (1/300) or 0.3% against our traditional conversion of 16.67% (1/6) for most other lines of business.

This effectively meant that we were incurring an awful lot of manual labour for very little result.

We are currently offering quotations for existing customers and would consider individuals that already own the import. Thinking longer term, behind the scenes we are part way through the automation of quotation/transaction systems here (allowing customers or prospects online access) and it is our intention to revisit the import situation once 'manual labour' has been taken out of the equation.

With your brother purchasing your vehicle (ie. already owning) and your currently being covered via Greenlight I would be happy to intervene and assist you.

Please PM me if you would be interested in my involvement.

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by highlander
I have been insured with Greenlight for the last while and have just sold my car (Sti 5 Type R) to my brother and recommended he try Greenlight for insurance.

However they stated that they are no longer opening any new policies on imports!

I see that the advert on here still says imports so I guess that is now out of date!