Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Internet Quotes

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2006, 02:07 PM
Gary@KeithMichaels
Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internet Quotes

Was speaking to an underwriter today reference internet quotes and a point came up.

How many of you guys have had a quote from the internet (the .com companies) and the quote has then changed when you went ahead with the policy, or the quote was for the incorrect vehicle model

And experiences of this would be a big help

Cheers

Gary
Old 02 May 2006, 02:10 PM
d4ve_h4y
Scooby Regular

hey theres 2 of ya :P

you got an online quote i can do and then well see?
Old 02 May 2006, 02:17 PM
Gary@KeithMichaels
Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by d4ve_h4y
hey theres 2 of ya :P

you got an online quote i can do and then well see?
Hi mate

I don't really deal with internet quotes, prefer speaking to people directly so i can get all the details i need. (Sometimes an internet form isn't enough)

This was more of a personal question than a professional question, was just chatting this morning to a guy about this very subject, so thought i'd ask the question on here.

My own experience of internet quotes was c**p, but that is mainly because of my list of modifications (which i wanted covered like-for-like) and a few convictions on my licence
Old 03 May 2006, 06:52 PM
MBA
Scooby Newbie

omg im getting really miffed with online insurers at the moment with the biggest culprit being Privilege

Because my car was not listed in the database (MY01 Impreza WRX Automatic Import) i rang their helpline to which i was told there is nothing they could do until i purchased a policy

So i asked htf do i do that to which she suggested choosing a similar model (i chose UK version manual) and purchase the policy - wait 60 minutes for the purchase to go through, ring em up and they can the alter the policy.

Ok UK version £585 - ok i thought i'll buy that, rang up told details of car and the said ok thats £1045.

Looking @ going with GreenLight as they have quoted me £850 so heres a big FU to all online quoting systems
Old 04 May 2006, 12:40 AM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

This is not very helpful but internet quotes are scum unless your a 16 year old dreamer thinking about the future and making everything up for a rough price.....
Old 04 May 2006, 08:16 AM
gazzer666666
Scooby Regular

The 265/301(ppp) has been a big issue for me on my 05my sti type uk ppp. Is the car modified or not when you choose the 301 option.
Old 04 May 2006, 12:44 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

I have