Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco Bump - Ouch! :(

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2006, 11:11 AM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Disco Bump - Ouch! :(

Got rear-ended yesterday...

To my surprise by another DSII

Not too much damage to mine very low speed collision - rear step and spare wheel took most of the impact by the looks of it

- he wasn't so lucky - made quite a mess of the front of his car & unfortunately the poor guys rad was damaged & all the coolant drained out So a recovery for the unlucky Disco.

I will take mine into the dealer to get it checked out - any pointers for any likely probs with a rear -end shunt Disco to Disco?

Also Frontline Accident Management have been on the phone offering to get my vehicle sorted at Fylde Motor Company - they also reckon they can get an equivalent vehicle for a courtesy car whilst mine is being fixed...

The other option I believe is to claim through my own insurance and get it done at the place of my choice ie my local servicing dealer and then let my insurance claim it back off the other guys insurance...

Can I claim for the damage repairs and then leave it? as it is?

Tricky...

What is it with replacement courtesy cars - do they have to get you the same spec - I would like another Discovery V8 with leather / aircon etc - would be a 'bit expensive' as a hire car LOL - what are the legalities surrounding this?

Obviously wouldn't put up with a Ford KA - but if I'm offered a diesel vectra can I refuse?

Thanks

Mick
Old 08 May 2006, 04:49 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Ha... accident management bloke is still trying to fob me off with a Vectra I have explained to him I am vehicle enthusiast

Looks like it will be going to the LR dealers after all
Old 18 May 2006, 09:46 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear of the bump Mick

Just spotted the Hillendale wheel cover - I live just round the corner from them

Are you local as well then? You've been on Scoobynet for years as well
Old 18 May 2006, 08:19 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Hi DW - I've seen many of your posts... for years too

I'm from near Blackpool - but ended up with allegiance to Hillendale after they rescued me one time & have been there ever since... Nice bunch of lads...

I was up there this morning actually getting my aircon sorted in anticipation of holidays coming up - whether hot or rainy with all the family on board you want to know the aircon is working

Nice area up there - wouldn't mind living around those parts myself...

Cheers

Mick
Old 14 October 2006, 09:20 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up Update...

disco went in for repairs 28th August...

got it back today 6 1/2 weeks later - thought it must have been stolen or trashed by the bodyshop

Had one of these as a hire car...

But she's home again now

Oh Tiggs - wanna buy a number plate

Mick