Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does this mean????

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2006, 09:57 PM
clc1100
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does this mean????

Hi i recieved a quote (via email) from Greenlight for a 2000 impreza turbo and I am very impressed with the quote however there is something that is bothering me and i dont know how i should answer.

"We also require that you have 12 months
prior driving experience on a performance car. "

What consitutes a performance car and how do i prove that i have been driving it without previous insurance docs been kept??

Thanks if you are able to answer, no doubt i will call Greenlight when i manage to get home before they shut.

Dominic
Old 25 April 2006, 11:32 PM
Spirit
Scooby Regular

I don't think you need to prove it at the point of insurance, however if it comes to claiming and you have lied obviously your insurance will be invalid. If you don't have previous insurance documents I'm sure you're old insurance company or even DVLA will have a record of your last car.

I guess only Greenlight will be able to determine what they class as a performance car, but I'd hazard a guess at anything over insurance group 14/15ish...

Hope that helps
Old 26 April 2006, 09:17 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Guys,

Due the nature of the vehicle's (ie. 220+ BHP Impreza's), some Underwriters are not keen covering someone that hasnt had experience of a performance vehicle.

Other Underwriters allow concessions for drivers that have experience of a performance vehicle, naturally as your broker we look to negotiate the best deal that we can for you and driving experience does help.

Experience wise, the best bet would be to advise the prior vehicles that you have owned, ran and driven over anything up to the last 3 years. But it seems in your case, the underwriter in question requires just the last 12 months experience.

As a rule of thumb, underwriters will usually require experience of a vehicle with at least the performance of a hot hatch.

This is always worth checking with Underwriters when applying for cover.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 01 May 2006, 01:12 PM
osterley
Scooby Regular

If the definition is not defined then, if it ever came to it this would be laughable in a court of law - being completely invalid