Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance help/experts needed

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2006, 10:13 AM
T_H_E__c_R_O_W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance help/experts needed

Thought this would be best place to put it as some of u who are in ins co's mite be able to give me a hand.

If u fancy a good read carry on...if not u dono what ur missing out on

Basicly i need to find out where i stand and what rights i have/had etc.

Background: I crashed my car, just me involved no damage to anything else. I leve car at a local gaurage so i can get it looked over, suspecting it might be a write of i inform my ins co.

They send out an 'indipendent' *chough chough!* advisor. I was never present when he was there, never even knew he was there. He tells my ins co my car is a write off Cat B. and values my car pre-crash at 2.5k.

I dont get told any of this, i leve it a few days and call the gaurage to find out if they have come up with a repair cost (didnt know it was a write off) get told that an assesor has been and that a company has come and taken my car away. - strange i though with out my permission?

So i call my ins co to find out whats goin on. They tell me a storage co called HBS has taken my car on there behalf. car is now down south - im in dundee!
Ins co say they will send a letter regarding all this. So i wait for letter.

Get letter which tells me car is write off, and will be picked up (already has about a week earlyer!) They say my car will be held in storage for 30days and i should inform them if i want it held longer. In same letter they also say they will hold the car untill the claim is settled. I reply in writing, poitning out there contradicion, and informing them to keep my car. I know they recived this letter as i called them. But i had no writen reply despite asking them repetedly over the phone. Value of the car is also in dispute, reason i asked for the car to be kept.

Yest (20/01/06) I call them agin to hurry up there reply, after been told 3times a letter was sent the day befor - theres a surprise. So i get a new person who hasnt seen my file befor. And get told there is no letters been sent in reply to my letter and that my car was sold to a scrap yard on the 12/12/05! This comes as a surprise to me!! As i know they got my letter telling them to keep the car, there letter also says they will keep it untill claim is settled.

So if u have got this far im sure ur dying to know my questions and how you can help me...maby not but u mite still be able to help.

Questions:

1. When the car is assesed as a write off do i still own the car?
2. Can my ins co/HBS take my car away with out my permision or knowlage?

3. After saying they will hold my car, and me asking them directry hold the
car do they need to stick to there word?
4. Is the cars theres to sell?
5. Did they steal my car?
6. Are they allowed to sell my car befor settlemnt? - i want another 'independent' evaluation on my car - not gona hapen now.
7. What can i do, where do i stand?

Thanx if you can give me annyyy help would be much appreciated!

The End