Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Bag /Steering Wheel Change

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2006, 08:24 AM
Geoff.Rayner
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bag /Steering Wheel Change

I want to change my steering wheel and remove air bag. Has anyone done this and told there insurers? I'm already paying extra for exhaust and induction kit, anyone know what I can expect from insurers for air bag removal.
Thanks in advance.
Old 15 January 2006, 03:37 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will need to inform your insurers, personally id not do it, the insurer will look at it in this light:-

Removal of airbag which is a part of the safety system to reduce injuries during severe accidents would increase the likelihood of claims for injuries sustained.

Now to me, the above which is common sense, would invalidate your insurance if you didnt tell them, or increase your insurance by quite a margin due to the factor that you may claim more if you do have an accident due to lack of airbag which could have reduced your injuries.
Now having had 2 airbags go off in accidents, id prefer to have one rather than not have one as they did reduce injuries on one of the accidents.

Tony