Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with getting insured after ban....

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2005, 08:15 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with getting insured after ban....

My mate has had some terrible luck during the past 2yrs. He lost his licence (only 1mg over the limit) for a year, the he lost his job 2 months later as he was employed as a driver at car dealership, then his wife left him...
He got his licence back early in the year and now his wife has recently given "his" car back.
Problem is that he needs to get his proof of previous no-claims from last insurer. As it turns out he reckons the company has either got bust or moved as the phone number no longer works and after surfing the net I found the building is now occupied by another business.

He is gutted about this as he reckons the new company are quoting a reasonable rate but want proof of previous NCB.

By the sounds of it the place he used to be insured with were a small company.

What do you lot think? Is there another way of proving NCB?

I can't wait til the day when he pulls up outside my house to drive for a change

Nick

Last edited by skoobidude; 13 December 2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 13 December 2005, 10:06 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Originally Posted by skoobidude
My mate has had some terrible luck during the past 2yrs. He lost his licence (only 1mg over the limit) for a year, the he lost his job 2 months later as he was employed as a driver at car dealership, then his wife left him...
He got his licence back early in the year and now his wife has recently given "his" car back.
Problem is that he needs to get his proof of previous no-claims from last insurer. As it turns out he reckons the company has either got bust or moved as the phone number no longer works and after surfing the net I found the building is now occupied by another business.

He is gutted about this as he reckons the new company are quoting a reasonable rate but want proof of previous NCB.

By the sounds of it the place he used to be insured with were a small company.

What do you lot think? Is there another way of proving NCB?

I can't wait til the day when he pulls up outside my house to drive for a change

Nick

It sounds like he was insured through a Broker, in other words they arranged a policy with an insurance company they were agents for.

If he can dig out some old covernotes or certficate so you can find the name of the insurance company and then contact them direct.

simb
Old 13 December 2005, 10:32 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Yes you are right mate. He told just told me this earlier. It's like getting blood out of a stone. He is so unaware of the whole "insurance thing" as his ex-misses did everything for him in the past!
Without her he struggles and finds it hard to admit to his mates that he has no idea. Never mind, I'm doing what I can to help and can't blame him for being cagey as things we think we should all know can be embarrassing to admit otherwise.

Don't think he'll have much joy finding the certificate. I assume his misses took it and would have disposed of it by now as it would have expired sometime ago.

Nick
Old 14 December 2005, 05:48 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

If it expired within the last two years then the NCD will still be valid, a handful of companies even go back 3 years.

Next step is to try and find out the name of the insurance company or try and found out what happended to the Broker he was with. They most proberly did'nt just go bust but were bought out by another Broker and the client Bank transferred to them. They must keep any records for 3 years, so should have his details.

simb