Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Plan insurance claim warning!

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2005, 01:54 PM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Plan insurance claim warning!

A few weeks back my car got rammed up the rear by a guy and the first thing I did when I got home, was call the "claims hotline" on my insurance policy. They were particularly un-helpful when I mentioned a hire car, saying it was up to me to get one and claim the money back! It was a Thursday night and on Friday I was picking my children up at 10.00am for the bank holiday weekend, being without a car would have been a nightmare.

So, I decided to call A Plan first thing Friday morning, to see what they had to say. They immediately suggested I gave them permission to cancel what I had already arranged with the insurance company and they would pass me on to HelpHire who would sort everything out within 2 hours. Well, within an hour I had a call and within 3 hours I was dropping off the Scooby and picking up my hire car! Everything has run very, very smoothly and I am dropping off the hire car this pm and picking up my Scooby with a £4,000 new rear end.

So my warning is.......

Don't deal with the insurance company themselves, go to good ole A Plan.

I know they regularly read what is on here, so sorry if you thought this was going to be a nasty thread about you, it is really a BIG THANK YOU for sorting my claim out so well.
Old 22 September 2005, 02:55 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was mentioned today when I renewed (GREAT price) to phone a-plan direct if I had an accident and they'll sort it out.

Hopefully, I'll not have to speak to them again until next year!