Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INSURANCE - What we can & can't do!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2000, 03:02 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Posted to General & UK Insurance Forums 28/11/2000

Whilst I try to accommodate all enquiries with regard to Subaru (and any other insurance) enquiries, I am sorry that in most cases for Standard UK cars I am just NOT competetive.
This is mainly because my minimum premium (i.e. for a squeaky clean risk - no claims, over 30 years old, great postcode, low mileage, good security etc, etc, etc) is £800.00 - in addition to this I require either RAC Trackstar or Telematics eGuard installing.

As I have said in numerous threads....I set up a scheme for the Impreza P1...having obtained some great rates for myself...I then managed to get some comparable quotes for various members of the BBS...this then grew into a scheme that has been extended to the dealer network and presently has in excess of 170 P1's insured. In addition to these I have managed to assist (in most cases) in providing cover for all sorts of other vehicles...however this has been subject to the installation of a tracking system as mentioned above.

At no point have I ever suggested that I am a motor broker or that I can compete with the likes of Churchill, NFU and others on standard cars - unless the above is true.

In fact in almost all cases one of the first things I do is to stress the minimum premium, the requirements and that I am in fact a partner of a Commercial Insurance Brokerage etc etc.

Whatever the enquiry I would hope that I and my employees always offer advice and assistance - even where we are unlikely to be able to compete (this is obviously at no charge!! )

It has come to my attention that over the last week we have received quite a few enquiries for standard cars - whilst I do not have a problem with the enquiry, certain comments have come back to me that have hit a bit of a raw nerve...

...we have had one comment that we are "time wasters" - and that "we are cr@p motor brokers"...in addition to this the preson concerned (a member of the bbs!!!) suggested that we "were out of touch with the motor insurance market" and that "we were con merchants advertising that we knew Impreza's!..."

The person concerned shall remain anonymous...I would however have thought that maybe he should have carried out a proper search of the topic concerned B4 opening his big mouth...its a shame that when trying to offer such a personal service we then get slated by certain persons...

...I am effectively, the last chance to get a more competitive quote...i.e. if you are suffering with the renewal increases and want to discuss the case with me or one of my employees...please feel free to ring - we will offer impartial advice and give assistance...and if we feel that we can offer a quote that will hopefully be competitive, tell us what your BEST price is...at the end of the day most of you want to better the last premium that has been quoted...and the only way for me to do that is to know what the best price you have is and then I can try to beat it...I can assure you that I will try and slaughter the price....I am NOT out to just shave a small bit off it...I need to beat it by as much as possible...that way you will hopefully refer me to friends and colleagues...

I am sorry to rant on...but basically what I am saying is...

...if you want a quote and are prepared to accept the above requirements I will endeavour to get you the best possible deal that is available...you will then get excellent service from me and my staff...if you are not prepared to do the above, I am still more than happy to try and assist...and to certainly point you in the right direction....but I draw the line when my staff get upsetting comments that come back to me in the form of a verbal complaints...

Sorry to take up so much of your time...if you have read this far...

Its been a bad day and this just sort of rattled me..

Rum (Tom)

P.S. The ONLY advertising that we as a company have in place is 1 (one!!) advertising banner on the P1 Web Owners Club (http://www.p1woc.org.uk) site, kindly put together by the webmaster - FOC !!! We work on a recommendation basis only and we are snowed under with enquiries - we are Members of The Broker Network Ltd with premium income/turnover of in excess of £150,000,000!!! We must be doing something right ...I hope..

P.P.S. Thanks to all the support from all those who have taken out policies with us...

P.P.P.S. Thats all