Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greenlight Insurance and 17" rims

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2000, 08:08 AM
david
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I had my insurance refused by Greenlight when I upgraded to 17" rims, the argument was that my car was more attractive to thieves and the insurer would not account for the security measures already in place and were not even prepared to listen to my suggestion that I could have a barrier dead lock fitted.
If you are with Greenlight and have not informed them that you are running on 17's, I suggest you call them ASAP.

I am now with Privilege, slightly more expensive but at least I got my certificate the very next day (it took Greenlight almost 1 year to send me a valid insurance certificate!).

Cheers

Dave

ps - apparantly other people are with Greenlight and have 17" wheels, I will be looking into this in more detail.
Old 11 April 2000, 11:28 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I have taken this up with Tony directly, he is getting back to me.

I will post his comments to the board when I have received them.

He was genuinely bemused by this, modified cars are their speciality and they are keen for this to continue.

They are fully aware of Posssum link Etc. and in a lot of cases don't charge any extra if it is fitted!
They insure the most heavily modified Impreza in the UK so this wheel thing does not make sense?

More to follow!

Mike.
Old 18 April 2000, 08:48 AM
db
Scooby Regular

I had a phone call from Tony who owns Greenlight today, he has compeletly sorted me out with the above problem. (db is my temporary Id until I can get my password emailed to me for David).

Tony had a chat with the insurer (after I called him following Mikes post) and I am now back on cover, what a result

Greenlight are still the best around for scooby insurance with no penalties for mods, my mods are all performance related (everyhting Scoobysport) and I pay £700pa with Claire and my brother as named drivers and me 3rd party on any other vehicle.

Privilege could only do £1050 with only me driving, Adrian Flux never got back to me, ditto for A-Plan.

So a big Radio 1 DJ stylie shout to Tony , nice one.

Dave
Old 18 April 2000, 09:41 AM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hey, people power!
Hope you didn't mind me mailing him your 'case details'

Glad you got a result.

Mike.
Old 18 April 2000, 10:50 AM
pilch
Scooby Regular

Guys,

Can someone gimme GL's details so that I can get a quote? I find Norwich Union pretty good so far, but since my recent claim I will probably need to shop around. Oh, and how the hell do they work out that a better neighbourhood is more expensive to insure for? Makes no sense to me! When we moved my fiancee's insurance went up immediately. Mine is stable until renewal. Very odd..
Old 18 April 2000, 11:46 AM
db
Scooby Regular

Talking

Greenlight can be reached on 01277 263030, if they give you a crap quote try and speak to Tony and mention the BBS.
Old 19 April 2000, 11:52 PM
Clarey
Scooby Regular

Greenlight wouldn't insure me as i'm 22(over 25's only i was told) but got a reasonable quote with Keith Micheals(although proposal form needed corrections) they beat barclays by nearly £300.

Phil
Old 02 May 2000, 12:43 AM
Annabel
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I am absolutely baffled by all this, these insurance companies seem to make it up as they go along.
I renewed last week with Admiral at just over £800 because it was the 2nd cheapest (best was A-Plan by about 15 quid and I could be bothered to move it for that amount of money).
db says Greenlight are great(I have my own opinions on that one) but still they quoted me over 1400 quid on a '93 WRX, I'm 31, full NCB, CAT1, garaged, no accidents, claims, convictions - ever!
Then Norwich Union has had a lot of mentions and are apparently providing the SIDC cover - wait for it £2100 - now you ARE having a laugh. How can they be so diverse????