Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a morning

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2005, 10:55 AM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a morning

What a morning

Picked up the Subaru on Friday, my existing insurance company were fleecing me so started getting some on line quotes on Monday.

Direct line came in well so took the policy with them. Spoke to them today about the tracker, as I have changed the reg number on the car I do not have a tracker certificate that cross checks to the vehicle registration, therefore cant supply necessary documentation to get theft cover until new V5 or Tracker registration document arrives.

Spoke to Direct Line, advised them of the problem and that I would be able to provide details when the new docs arrive, and that I needed them to cover the car for theft in the meantime, no dice.

Told them I would have to cancel the policy in that case as I wasn’t willing to have the car sitting around with no theft cover, still no dice

Policy now cancelled.

Tried a few other places and then went to A Plan, what a revelation, guys that seem to have knowledge and interest in cars. Cover all sorted over the phone and slightly cheaper basic premium as well.

So thats 3 sets of insurance on the car and I’ve only had it 5 days, not bad eh?

Rgds
Neil
Old 20 July 2005, 11:31 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Agree Neil some insurance companies are just bleeding awkward. If you divert off their question cards they're stuck. Just not willing to exercise any discretion and you soon realise they just dont have a clue.

Had the same problem with my car and private plate but they checked chassis number etc and were happy to proceed. Been pretty impressed with Privilege thus far....................

Glad you got sorted.
Old 21 July 2005, 11:02 AM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE
Agree Neil some insurance companies are just bleeding awkward. If you divert off their question cards they're stuck. Just not willing to exercise any discretion and you soon realise they just dont have a clue.

Had the same problem with my car and private plate but they checked chassis number etc and were happy to proceed. Been pretty impressed with Privilege thus far....................

Glad you got sorted.
Was going to say the same, if you show old registration tracker document, then proof of same car with both registration plates (VIN number), you ought to be OK????
Old 21 July 2005, 12:07 PM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Problem is (or was) that I haven't got anything that cross references the VIN number to the new reg, new tracker registration documents are not here yet, neither is the new V5.

You would have thought they could have provided theft cover on the basis that in the case of any theft claim I had to prove the vin tied to the V5 and Tracker, but no, no theft cover at all until I've proved it which could be 2/3 weeks.

Anyway alls well that ends well, Aplan seemed to know there stuff and were good to deal with over the phone.
Old 21 July 2005, 12:09 PM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

PS I even sent Direct Line a complaint e-mail, as I can't be the first or last person this happens to.

They sent it back saying I'd sent it to the wrong complaints department.....LOL