Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed please!

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2005, 12:40 AM
Bugatti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed please!

I posted a few days ago as i was chuffed with the quote i was given by performance direct. 22 yrs old, 3 yrs ncb, fully comp on 2004 wrx £946! I couldn't believe it as the next nearest quote was around £2000. So I called performance direct back and asked them to confirm all the details they had on the system were correct (my age, car model and stuff), and they were. Still not convinced I called them back a third time and the chap I spoke to ran through the details again and I bought the policy as no one else would quote anywhere near.

Got the paperwork through yesterday and all the details were spot on!!!

BUT

got a call off them today and the girl said that they had made a mistake and that they will need to cancel the policy and refund me my money as the premium should have been alot higher, a couple of grand higher in fact.

I argued with her, then got put through to a supervisor, as I feel they should have to honour the policy as its their mistake. He said that he could not do it, so I said I would seek legal advice as to where I stand. How can they justify just being able to apologise and refund the money and walk away? If I was to forget to disclose a modification on the car and it got noticed in the event of a claim and they refused to pay out, would an apology from me for my mistake correct the situation and cause them to pay out?-no!

Called up the consumer advice bureaux and woman there said that I should write to them and give them two options which they are legally obliged to:
1) honour the agreement at the same price, or
2) refund me the price I paid plus the extra cost of finding alternative insurance cover, eg. If another company quote me £2000 they should refund my 900 and give me an extra 1100 to ensure I am in the same position that I should be in now.

Writing to the company's complaints department tomorrow.

Any body had any similar experience?

Read through all terms and conditions and nothing in there about what would happen if this situation should arise.

Thanks.
Naz.
Old 14 July 2005, 07:57 AM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would expect something referring to their right 'to cancel insurance at any time' within the terms and conditions.
Might not refer to this situation directly, but just stating their right.

Not at all fair I know.

Surely worth a fight, especially if it is one of the known larger companies/brokers. If nothing is stated, then surely they have a obligation, and have entered a contract for sale...?

Good luck!