Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPP - Insurance costs

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2005, 11:04 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP - Insurance costs

Does anyone know how much extra an insurance company charges if you have PPP fitted?

I have just bought a 51 plate WRX and had to shell out £1500 to elephant.co.uk for my insurance (0 no-claims bonus!). I am thinking of getting PPP but want to know whether I can afford the insurance before I get in touch with them (in case I decide to get it done anyway ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Trap2
Old 07 June 2005, 11:07 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist
Does anyone know how much extra an insurance company charges if you have PPP fitted?

I have just bought a 51 plate WRX and had to shell out £1500 to elephant.co.uk for my insurance (0 no-claims bonus!). I am thinking of getting PPP but want to know whether I can afford the insurance before I get in touch with them (in case I decide to get it done anyway ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Trap2
I'm with elephant. Its a pity they don't recognise the PPP mod for the WRX. You have to customise the mods to match the PPP which has a BIG effect on my insurance. Goes from £900 to £1300. A bit scandeless really considering moving to stock STi cost nothing!
Old 07 June 2005, 11:10 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Best bet look here:
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19

A-Plan seem to be coming up trumps for most people.

Buck
Old 07 June 2005, 11:11 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fastfrank
I'm with elephant. Its a pity they don't recognise the PPP mod for the WRX. You have to customise the mods to match the PPP which has a BIG effect on my insurance. Goes from £900 to £1300. A bit scandeless really considering moving to stock STi cost nothing!
Serious?!?!? Jesus. So you have to tell them about the individual PPP components and let them work it out?
Old 07 June 2005, 11:18 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

yeah mate. Thats the only way - to declare the mods eg. Exhaust mod, ECU with 15% power increase etc.. in fact its the ECU 15% thats responsible for the hike.

I used to be with A-Plan when i first got the car but on the second year they couldn't get anywhere near my current quote. This year I couldn't be ar5ed ringing round so stuck with Elephant. Other bonus with Elephant is that they don't insist on that tracker device fitted

I'm 27 with 7+ years NCB and its still steep.. but I think my area contributes quite a bit to it

F
Old 07 June 2005, 11:27 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Happy days! I'm 30 with 3 points (although they're over 3 years old) but with no no-claims. I struggled to get a quote at all because they all wanted at least 2 yrs no-claims.

Also, a nice trick. When I first applied for a quote online I just put me as the insured driver and they quoted £1784. I then remembered that my soon-to-be-ex-wife had received a discount by putting me on her insurance.

I tried the same, adding her as a named driver and my quote was reduced to £1504!!! I thinks it's because she's a 'spouse' - wierd but worth a try for anyone who's married.
Old 07 June 2005, 11:32 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

yeah thats it. I put my mum on my policy as shes got a clean record and that brought my policy down by £100!!!

Good luck with getting a cheaper quote.