Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A PLAN IS FABBY

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2005, 01:18 PM
BOBBY G
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking A PLAN IS FABBY

Spoke to that nice gentleman Darren at A-plan today.

Here is the result : Direct line £785 for 05 STI without PPP
: A-plan £795 for 05 STI with PPP and PFF7's and protected no claims.

I am well chuffed, and it was really easy.

Call 01635874646.

Bob.
Old 25 May 2005, 02:30 PM
abc
Scooby Regular

I tried a local A-Plan office for insurance on a new WRX with free PPP and they hadn't heard of PPP. Their quote for a standard WRX was £720, so I was a bit sceptical of all the enthusiasm for A-Plan. Anyway, I rang Darren on the number given above and he quoted £749: 5 door WRX+PPP, full NCB, protected, reasonable excess. Privliege has been the next best so far: £938!

So, the enthusiasm is well-founded and Darren is a knowledgable, friendly and very helpful guy. Well worth giving him or Rob a try.

Last edited by abc; 25 May 2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 26 May 2005, 11:24 AM
Mikkk
Scooby Regular

Just a quick point but could people posting insurance quotes please include some basic details to allow readers to have a yard stick against which to make comparisons. For example, telling us A-Plan quoted you £450 for your MY05 STi PPP is interesting but are you 65+?? Is it fully comprehensive cover?? Are you paying £1000's in excess?? Do you live on the Outer Hebrides?? Have you got 15yrs NCB?? etc.

Just a few basic details such as age, city/town, annual mileage, mods, years NCB etc. make a big difference ... obviously don't give explicit location info as it's best not to tempt fate

Just a request... please put the stick down, noooo
Old 26 May 2005, 01:23 PM
abc
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Mikkk]Just a quick point but could people posting insurance quotes please include some basic details to allow readers to have a yard stick against which to make comparisons. For example, telling us A-Plan quoted you £450 for your MY05 STi PPP is interesting but are you 65+?? Is it fully comprehensive cover?? Are you paying £1000's in excess?? Do you live on the Outer Hebrides?? Have you got 15yrs NCB?? etc.

I sympathise with your request and I shared your frustration on reading posts about insurance quotes, but like some other people on here, I don't want to divulge too many personal details. Two points that might help: 1) I imagine that there is never going to be any direct comparison between quotes: even people living next door to each other might be of different ages and have some/no points on their licence, etc. 2) What persuaded me to ring A Plan was the difference between the quote they were giving peole and the other quotes the same people had been given by different insurers. So, just to add to the info I gave above, I rang Subaru Insured after speaking to Darren at A Plan and they quoted £1456 = nearly double A Plan! Give them a ring; there's no catch, so far as I can tell.
Old 26 May 2005, 06:06 PM
Ritch96
Scooby Regular

I think the main thing at the mo with a-plan is they seem very mod friendly. I received my policy details thru today and i told them about exhaust and filter change. This is down as "various engine modifications." Seems to me to be a thumbs up for future things if wanted.

Ultimately you are purchasing a product and should you need to use that product it remains to be seen whether it will be good. However the guys on the end of the phone seem very helpful and knowledgable. Bodes well for any future requirements!!!

One thing that impressed me is phoning and getting an instant human response followed by speaking to the person of my choice. In comparison when i phoned tesco to cancel i waited on the phone for 10 mins, got transferred to the wrong people and eventually got some young bird on the phone who couldn't give two ***** about my business. At least it wasn't someone who resides in bombay(mumbay?) though.

Incidentally my (unpersonal) details are in a post 6 or so threads down.

Cheers
Ritchie
Old 27 May 2005, 11:47 AM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just spoken to Rob and Darren and am now insured with A-Plan. Directline did not have a clue about PPP and required a tracker be fitted. Absolute wast of time, I know 3 people with tracker fitted and found the device within 2 minutes on all of them, useless.

I am 40 years old, 03MY WRX with PPP, live in North Yorkshire. The premium was less than £650, including protected NCB and an excess of £350.

Anyone with an Impreza and PPP should call these guys. They are very knowledgeable, friendly and the whole process is very easy.

Nice one Rob and Darren.
Old 27 May 2005, 12:03 PM
DJ140
Scooby Regular

And Subaru Insured wanted £1300 and a tracker, to cover me!!!!WTF

Does anyone insure with SI? Perhaps they were selling a 2 year policy, but didn't bother telling me