Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trackers and Type UK Stis

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2005, 02:59 PM
scg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackers and Type UK Stis

I've currently got my 2002 Sti Type UK insured with Direct Line - it has a tracker but I haven't sorted out the subscription yet - only got it today.

I'm soon going to switch to Subaru Insured as they're cheaper AND know what PPP is. However, when I spoke to the guy at Subaru insured he said the tracker subscription would have to be enabled for them to cover me and thought Direct Line would be the same.

However, at no point have Direct Line said I require a tracker as part of the cover. I phoned them (twice!) yesterday to confirm that I didn't need to have the tracker enabled. I know when I've put quotes in online it never asked me for a tracker for Type UKs but did for imports.

The above would normally reassure me that I don't need it activated, it's just that the chap at Subaru said they probably wouldn't have asked because the trackers would have been fitted as standard.

What are peoples opinions on this? I'm uneasy enough about my Scoobs without worrying about been uncovered. Thoughts welcome.
Old 07 May 2005, 04:23 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think because it is classed as standard equipment, it is expected that it is paid up and working. That's what admiral said when I took my insurance out last year on same car.