Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance claim/accident question

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2005, 10:17 AM
dogpole
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Insurance claim/accident question

Hi all, its the bloody mrs.

First of all its my runabout astra, insured 3rd party with the mrs as a named driver.

she was pulling out of a junction and apparently a car came out of nowhere, she braked and the other car swerved and hit a lamp-post. the other car never touched our astra.

no witnesses, no injuries and they have swopped names and addresses.

just wondering where we stand insurance and legality wise, any advice would be appreciated.

thanks
dp
Old 31 March 2005, 10:11 PM
Silverman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In awnser to your problem this is what happened to me in 2003. I swerved to avoid a car leaving the nearside lane on a deul carrageway, I lost control and collided with the nearside concrete wall after spinning through 180* the 3rd party driver was oblivious to me being there and carried on, fortunately for me there were several whitness to coroberate the turn of events. Full pay out by 3rd party drivers insurance. It seems in your case it is word against word let them fight you over the responsibility as no damage was done to your vechile they have to prove that your partner was at fault and legaly your vechile was not involved in a collision. Good luck.