Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone insured with Admiral??

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2004, 08:42 PM
Paul Type R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone insured with Admiral??

Hi,

Admiral are being a bit silly with my insurance.

They dont have a WRX STI Type R listed on there system, so they said they wanted a copy of the log book. But the log book has a Subaru Impreza 1.8 GL on it! arghh!!

Is anyone else insured with Admiral thats got a Type R? What did they say to you?

Cheers,

Paul.
Old 06 September 2004, 08:48 PM
sKunk
Scooby Regular

Admiral were expensive when I used them previously, that's why I dumped them

(no type R though)
Old 06 September 2004, 08:49 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Weird! This is quoted from the FAQ on SIDC (http://www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm) in the Special Editions section:

"1.8GL"
A very special special! In 1993 Subaru UK brought in 6 Impreza WRX RSs, the development car which led to the RA. Due to type approval regulations, the cars were registered as 1.8GLs! 3 went to Prodrive and were presumably smashed to bits in a forest, while 3 went to Subaru UK who later sold them as used cars. At least one is known still to exist. Yes, it says 1.8GL on the registration document. Yes, it has a 2 litre engine with a huge turbo under the bonnet ..."

It probably doesn't help you at all but I thought it was interesting! Do they not have to insure it as 1.8GL if that's what it says on the log book?!
Old 06 September 2004, 08:52 PM
Paul Type R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by minor_threat
Weird! This is quoted from the FAQ on SIDC (http://www.sidc.co.uk/faq.htm) in the Special Editions section:

"1.8GL"
A very special special! In 1993 Subaru UK brought in 6 Impreza WRX RSs, the development car which led to the RA. Due to type approval regulations, the cars were registered as 1.8GLs! 3 went to Prodrive and were presumably smashed to bits in a forest, while 3 went to Subaru UK who later sold them as used cars. At least one is known still to exist. Yes, it says 1.8GL on the registration document. Yes, it has a 2 litre engine with a huge turbo under the bonnet ..."

It probably doesn't help you at all but I thought it was interesting! Do they not have to insure it as 1.8GL if that's what it says on the log book?!
I'm sure if they insured it as a 1.8GL, if I crashed they would refuse to pay up!!

Paul.
Old 06 September 2004, 09:00 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

my advise, get insured with someone else, Admiral and their 'team' of solicitors took 2 years to get my claim sorted, even then they blew it and I done it myself through the scc.

seriously, id rather cut my nuts off with a rusty spoon than ever pay them anymore of my money.
Old 06 September 2004, 09:02 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Type R
I'm sure if they insured it as a 1.8GL, if I crashed they would refuse to pay up!!

Paul.
I wouldn't even doubt that, insurance companies are pestilent.
Old 06 September 2004, 11:20 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've just gone with them for my bugeye - they were about £200 cheaper than everyone else when i was getting quotes.
They quoted me £974 on the internet, i went back a couple of days later to take it out and when i called up my saved quote it had gone up £150???????? - i phoned them up and said i wanted it at the origional price and got it at that, how can a saved quote go up?
Just hope the paperwork comes through ok